Crazy speedometer

Alright I want to ask if anyone knows why my speedometer would be going crazy, I’ll be driving on the road and out of no where it will start jumping speed up and down while my tach remains perfectly fine. It started happening sometime in the past week and all that I have changed recently in my car was my deck and my radiator (and I really dont think my rad has anything to do with it). When installing my deck I left the antenna unconnected to the deck so I don’t get radio because I still need to get the adapter…could this be causing an electrical malfunction or is it something else? Theres no rush to fix it, I’ve just been wondering…

Probably the deck did it.
Cars HATE to have stuff not grounded or wired properly. I’d plug in that antenna asap and double check that you’ve got a good ground.

Hey man mine is doing the same thing. I have been told that it could be a number of things. One it could be that the actual speedo link on the rear cluster is loose (doubt it) two it could be related to another sensor in the car. I am going to get mine checked out in the next few days I will let you know what it is when i find out.

cheers

Bryce

thanks alot…much appreciated…

any update on this Bryce…or anyone??

I’ve had it that my sending unit (plastic gear on the tranny) was worn and it made it jump. Also I’ve had a bad cable that dried up and was partially siezed.

If it’s a digital speedo then I’d say check your ground wire!