creating a contract.....input?

+1

And lets be honest, the kind of person who a bank or credit union won’t loan $6000 to buy a car is just the person you don’t want to be taking payments from. Banks and CU’s are in the business of loaning money, so when they look at a potential customer and say, “nah, we don’t really want your business” you should do the same.

The only people I would consider taking payments from, even if I kept the car, title and keys, are the people who would just pay cash or get a car/personal loan for the vehicle.

pm lady 5 0 or pm me and i can have her call you. She works at a law firm in williamsville. she can write up a contract for you so all the legality is covered. also she has a personal notary so when it signed it will all be legit.:word:

i let someone make payments on a car and it worked out fine. just make sure they will most likely come through and if you think they wont make sure any made payments are nonrefundable.

Why can’t this person just go get a car loan like a normal car buyer? As a seller you want to get cash or a check and hand him the keys and the title and be done with it. Also keep in mind that if something does go wrong a contract might not save you. A good lawyer can find a way out of any contract or find it invalid.

What you have so far is good but have a contract lawyer take a look at it.

rofl, if anyone agreed to sign that contract they would deserve to get screwed over

yeah, as long as you get the money up front every month, if worst comes to worst its a $1000 a month storage fee and you post it back up for sale. I would keep just comprehensive on it for ~20 a month just for peace of mind. Most of the risk is on his end. (eg. you skip town with car after month 5, keep money, deny paperwork)

Along the lines of:

“If a bank doesn’t trust his creditworthiness, why should you?”

How fucking hard is it to come up with 6 grand?

The difference is the bank would have to come after the car if anything gets fucked up. OP has it in his garage.

apparently the reason they cant get financng for it is due to the level of modding it has on it.

The car would have full insurance coverage for the entire period, wether it was being sold or not.

And again, the only reason I’m even entertaining the idea is the fact that no matter what happens(ie. back out of deal, quit paying, etc.) I keep all previously paid funds.

It’s such a PITA to sell this car since it is a cav, and lets be honest…no one wants a cav regardless of how it is modded, and even the people who would want a cav are either young with no money or into J-body’s already.