Daredevil Dies in Michigan Air Show

article here: LINK

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

colleague of mine had a friend who was in attendence…

interesting how the person says its a fake body in the video.

From what I remember reading, Their were 3 accidents involving Airplanes and air shows that same weekend.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/22/article-2028640-0D86279A00000578-235_634x452.jpg

ugh

All I can think about looking at that picture is what must be running through his head.

“FUCK, I MESSED UP BAD THIS TIME.”

Well he only had (200*2/32.2)^.5 seconds to think about it

Really? Looked like nearly 3 seconds in the vid. Is your number when you hit terminal velocity?

3.5 seconds…

yep

Did you take into account the forward motion he had as well as the down. It wasnt just a straight down fall.

Forward motion doesn’t have an effect on downward acceleration unless you’re considering aerodynamics.

Hey dummy…you read the equation wrong. “^.5” wasnt’ an arrow pointing to the above poster that the time was .5 seconds…it was “to the power of .5” in the equation. Did you go to an Art Institute after high school?

^ what he said

ALSO
assuming that the biplane was flying at near-stall speed, his Vf- was:

V=(232.2200+50^2)^.5*(.681(mph)/(ft/s)) =85 mph

Sad… should have had a chute on…

i’m not enterained by math and i come here to be enterained.

do it better please

at 200 feet he would need a to deploy in under 1 second with nearly perfect body position, even then, it’d be rough. The likelihood of premature opening in a scenario like that would be far more dangerous.

wait…do you multiply or divide first?

PEMDAS! lol

lol. :tup:

Epic Math Time :tup:

haha I almost answered legit then I was like…