Darien Lake: No Longer Six Flags

Areosmith coaster is fucking fun as hell. Way too short but from someone who hates roller coasters that is a trip and a half.

Seriously, the closest nice park is Hershey Park in Hershey, PA.

Its nearly as nice as disneyland in cali, and well kept up.

The fastpass type idea was at disneyland, and it comes with your ticket.

Basically you make reservations to go on a ride, then you plan your day around certain rides, so you never have to wait too long.

It sure beats waiting an hour in line and you end up going on two rides all day, then you get pissed and want to go home.

yeah the fastpass was definitely time saving @ disney. i didnt want to pay a 65% premium though on top of universal’s ticket price for one.

CP uses the fastpass program too, but only during its busiest times (mid june thru early august). otherwise you’re on your own… but even there, i think i may have waited an hour for mill force and 1.5 for dragster… everything else was about 20 mins - 1/2 hour. spend two days there and go on everything twice.

do any of the other six flags or busch gardens use FP?

i have never really been able to justify waiting more than 60 minutes for a 2 minute thrill…

well, besides my sex life. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just not my thing… i like going on rides, but hate waiting.

Thats why fast pass is awesome. While your waiting to be rocked by areosmith you can check out teenage hotties in tiny shorts.

I liked the fastpass at disney world… no extra cost but the downside is you had to reserve a time. Aka get the ticket at 10am to ride at 1pm, and can’t reserve another one until the first is used.

It works, and the waits weren’t too bad inbetween fastpass tickets.

How far is the drive from here to Cedar? Back home was about 4 hours, I’d assume a little less since Buffalo is about an hour closer than my hometown.

They changed that, you can make 2 reservations at a time now for fast pass. Sometimes you get a bonus ticket for another ride out of the machine. Its like a cool lottery system.

CP took maybe 3.5 hrs or a little less or so? Went there 2 summers ago. Great time. Great place, except for the games. All rigged/impossible. Spent like $ 75, came home with 2 small animals and 2 (cheap) souveneir glasses.

I pride myself on the games… but they raped me hard there!

Eh I usually pass on the games, just because the entertainment to me isnt there. I enjoy watching other people play though…

3.5 hours well worth it then. I wanna head out for a few days, it is so worth the 40-50 ticket cost

6 flags = :tdown:
busch gardens = :meh:
kings dominion and canadas wonderland = :tup: :tup: :tup:

I’m surprised none of you guys figured out that theres a button on the back of the fastpass machines at disney you can hit that gives out one without putting in your ticket. My typical disney experience was something like go in, collect 2 fastpasses for each ride, go on something without too bad of a line while i waited for them to come up, then ride all the cool shit twice.

You got to remember that it is pretty hard to pump money into a place thats really open about 7 months of the year.

I haven’t been to DL in 2 years because of the price. Hopfully the new owners will lower it.

correct… or $29 for all day pass to go back whenever you want to do it all over again.

Just thinking about it makes my balls tingle.