Daytona 500 Pics

The wife and I got a major hook-up this week from her uncle and were able to score cold passes for the Daytona 500 this year. The cold passes gave us complete access to anywhere as long as the race wasn’t “hot”… which was just plain awesome. This was my first Daytona 500 and first race in person and it was absolutely amazing. The race itself ended up being just plain awesome. Anyways, on to the MANY pics:

Carl Edwards gets the Pole:

Dale Jr. during driver intros.

Other driver intros:

Garage Pics:

Danica’s Car after her hard hit into the inside wall:

Inspection Station Pics:

I’m sure this wheel will hold air… (from Danica’s Car)

Danica… would SMASH
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/Daytona%20500%202012/0623.jpg

Steve Letarte

Some of the carnage:

Me signing the start/finish line

Jane Lynch (I think that’s her name)

Kate Upton… giggity giggity

What are the chances of a car losing control and hitting a jet dryer???
Juan in a million :rofl

Thats just a few of all the pics I took. Was definitely a memorable race!!!

Nice stuff!

I cannot even tell you how jelly I am of you right now, thats seriously fucking awesome!

Did you get a chance to talk to any of the drivers or any of the crew members?

THIS FUCKIN’ GUY

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

No, they were pretty much 100% goal oriented… lol. The driver’s rarely came out except for when they absolutely had to and the crews were constantly working on the cars. But either way, just being down in the garages was absolutely awesome. And although we didn’t have actual seats with the cold passes, we had access to the Fan Zone so we grabbed some good seats where we could see about 75% of the track, and the jumbo-tron to have a good visual of the race.

I’m really hoping we can get the same passes again next year b/c we originally didn’t realize how much access we had, and that they were good for all of the races; so we made plans to do other things while we were down there and I ended up missing out on the truck race and nationwide race. So if I get another opportunity next year I’m going to every race… lol.

Thats seriously awesome, I really really wanna get to a race or two next season. Would love to do Daytona, Charlotte and NH as its so close.

One thing I learned about being at Daytona is that if you just get the absolute base tickets, you will hate the experience. Wait til you have some extra money and get either the fan zone tickets ($95 on raceday) or good seats. Thankfully we decided to check out the fan zone before buying tickets b/c we were just going to get cheap tickets and it would have been so low in the stands that all you would see were blurs every minute or so. The fan zone is great for the money. There are multiple places to sit, the garages have windows you can look through to see the guys working on the cars, and just an over-all great area to hang out in.

Oh, and I was able to get one of Jr’s lug nuts… which is pretty awesome to me… lol.

are they just like standard lug nuts or are they really different from everyday ones? made of something crazy like titanuim or with weird threads orrr ?

so you have jr’s nuts in your hand? nice.
awesome pics.
i did a ride along at daytona. it was really cool. i want to do one of the driving classes when i can.

Where’s Ricky bobby

BAD ASS MAN!

Man I miss living in Daytona and hearing the races. I went to a few Daytona 500s, but always hit the Rolex race.

Nice Pictures man, the Jet Dryer crash was just crazy.

Nice shots! Reminds me of the pics my mom would come home with from charlottesville or whatever its called. My moms best friend lives down in charlotte and used to be dale earnhardts chiropractor so she has tons of ins. They would go down and used to hang out with DW in his hauler when he was still driving and have tons of pics with the drivers. Mark Martin gave her some race used lug nuts for my dad since he’s a huge fan. The jokes that stemmed from him getting martins nuts were awesome lol. She’s also got piles of random autographs lol.

Thats ok… I got one of Jr’s nuts… lmao