Dealership Employee Beats On A ZR1

… And records it. He kinda looks like Carnut too, lol

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/08/340x_woodhouse_plate.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/08/500x_full_corvette_ad.jpg

I’m not a fan of Vettes, but that’s not abusing the car.The only thing he’s at fault for is driving an unsold car the way he did. These Vettes are designed and built to be put through WAY, WAY more constant abuse than that. I expected to see repeated clutch dumps at redline and hard driving on a really bumpy road, with no regard for the suspension or under carriage. That would be abuse.

pretty much sums up my feelings. not saying it was a great idea but it was still neat to watch.

Tell that to his boss, lol.

oh as a employer I would fire him in a second, but reading through some of the comments on youtube just makes me laugh

LOL the last 6-7 seconds were the best, what a tool!

It does look like Carnut, but I would agree that it is a very minor beating. I’m really surprised to see these car’s selling for <90K already.

If I ordered the car, I would be upset.

I’m slightly overwhelmed by how much of a douche bag that guy is.

I’d probably consider doing that too if I worked at a Dodge Chrysler Jeep dealer and had that on the lot. Lets face is, your chances of owning one are slim.

He did spray his car and camera with rocks…

video has been removed by the user wtf

haha he probably had an “oh shit” moment.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Someone re-posted the vid on youtube. And it turns out the kid’s a security guard;

hell yeah!

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

man he is a douche

Can I gt a large Farve?

i dont see any problem with that at all… i did this when i worked for XXXX Dealership… they didnt even fire me and i was doing it on the lot between the other cars and one of the owners saw me.

The problem is your doing it with a car that is supposed to be being sold as “New”. If I found out some punk ass kid or anyone else was driving my car like that before I bought it new I’d flip shit.

why would a chrysler dealer be selling a new ZR1?

haa…you would be surprised at how often this happens on a regular basis at car dealer ships and auction houses…

From Jalopnik:

As you can see in the video above, a security guard at the Dallas Auto Auction in Dallas, Texas rips on a $110,000 Corvette ZR1 in his care, including a few gravely slides. The video of him having too much fun with the car was uploaded to YouTube and shared widely around the 'Vette community before we posted it.

As we reported, the car belongs to the Woodhouse Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge auto dealership outside Omaha, Nebraska. Steve Karaus, an employee of the dealership, was not pleased when he saw the video on Jalopnik and was quick to charge into and deal with the situation.

“This is NOT in ANY way how cars are treated by Woodhouse employees,” Karaus told us via email. “I will be personally handling this matter with the auction house in the morning.”

Karaus claims the car’s already been sold and shipped out of the U.S., but he went on to further describe what’s about to happen to the as-of-yet unnamed security guard.

That car was inside at that auction and that is a security guard that abused his former job by getting it out and doing that to a car that he does NOT own in anyway. Also we WILL be pressing charges with the Dallas police in the morning for taking the car WITHOUT ANY permission from us in anyway and also for the way it was treated.

Although we’re constantly trying to come up with a way to drive a ZR1 again, we’re starting to believe this way isn’t worth it.

“It wasn’t a great way to find out but I’m glad we did. My owners have a zero tolerance policy about treating our cars that way. We are the #1 Viper dealer in the country and that is where that car came from,” said Karaus. “I guess luckily for us that kid is NOT very smart.”

Not very smart, indeed, as the security guard in question, who goes by the YouTube username jin69ohyeah, removed his copy of the video, but then posted a comment on a repost of the same video admitting he did it.

He may have had a chance to beat on a $110,000 Corvette ZR1, but he’s going to lose his job for doing it.

I bet he really cares about is minimum wage job. I’d be slightly more concerned about the police charges if there are any grounds for that. Doesn’t look like he even left the property so I don’t know if it can be considered grand theft, plus he clearly had access to the keys.

Access to keys does not grant permission to drive a car. I have the same access to your keys that he had to those keys. Does that mean I can just take your keys and drive your vette without your permission and not get in legal trouble?

had he had permission to move the car and only did the flybys i bet it’d be a pee pee slapping, stolen keys and gravel burnouts… surprised he didn’t see the round bars.