Denton's MicroHatch Comparo

Let me share some info, because I just finished my shopping for small hatchbacks today.

Versa looks like a scaled down Quest. It was on my list but got eliminated for a few reasons:

1. Made in Mexico
  2. Same crappy shifter that the Spec V uses.
  3. I’d be embarrased to be seen in it.
  4. Nissan paint. (Can never be overstated… after 5 years my car looks like it has a case of psoriasis, and I took good care of it, too)

Good luck on a Fit, nobody has one, and they won’t be getting them until January. IMO, they are also way overpriced in the typical Honda fashion, and Honda dealers suck at incentives and deals.

Yaris is just tiny, Scion Xa and Xb are a much better deal, and they are pretty decent, I liked the Xb that I drove. HOWEVER: They do not haggle on the price at Scion, so you might not get that great of a deal.

I just signed the deal on a 2007 Focus hatch instead of a Scion Xb. Comparably equipped, it is costing me $60 per month less than the Xb would have. It also gets 37mpg on the highway, which is about what the Xa gets and better than the 33mpg that the Xb gets. It also has almost 30% more power than the Scion. Four wheel independent suspension, not a rear beam like the Scion. Warranty is good, too.

Also worth consideration is the Hyundai Accent hatch… looks pretty nice, and Autoweek liked it better than the Yaris and many others.