DiabloSport or SCT - Which is most used in the area?

Just trying to get an idea which of these tuning “packages/devices” is most commonly used in the area. I currently have a 99 SVT Cobra with a Vortech SC on the dyno now. The owner purchased a DiabloSport Predator hand held tuner. The hand held has limited capabilities (similar to SCT’s X3). In order to do advanced tuning functions I need to purchase a dealer license. I also was provided a “demo” copy of the CMR software (included w/a dealer license) which is really impressive as far as advanced tuning features. The downside is the cost but this could be offset by the demand for tuning if it exists.

So this is the question to anyone who owns(or plans to own) a hand held Predator or SCT device and needs advanced dyno tuning capabilities/services (beyond the capability of the hand held):

If I had to pick one (and I can only afford one at this time) either SCT or Predator which one would be most beneficial to you?

Thanks!
Mike

ask the guys over on www.steelcitystangs.com

Thanks!

I’m also trying to get an idea from the local Chrysler and GM folks here too. The CMR software covers them as well and is very comprehensive.

I have a SCT 4 bank chip. i am very happy with it.

we have hptuners for the GM cars not sure if i would go with anything else for GM
think they also have capabilities for ford and chrysler.
gonna be trying the diablosport on a mustang soon. so i will give an educated opinion then.

GM=HP TUNERS
FORD=SGS DYNO TUNE(SEE ON STEELSHITYSTANGS)
MOPAR=needs GM DROP OUT SO HP ALSO

I haven’t used HPTuners yet. I have someone else who specializes in that software.

Feel free to stop by and check out the DS and CMR software if you like. I’ll show you what I know and possibly save you time with setting up DSDownloader, DSDataViewer, CMR_DAT etc. I think I experienced every problem possible configuring their software to communicate with the owners older hand held.

I’ve got enough time with the Predator to tell you that I like the product. It’s easy to use, provides good logging capabilities and loads custom tunes quickly. Modification to custom tunes can also be performed quickly within limits. The question is are there folks out there using it and needing the advanced tuning capabilities of the ChipMaster Revolution (CMR) software to warrant purchasing it and providing that service?

Thanks. Overall, how often do you modify tunes and do you tune on the street, on a dyno or go with unmodified, downloaded tunes from SCT? Just trying to get a feel for how the products are used.

i dont modify mine. my tunes were all done by crt-performance in Norwalk on thier Dyno.

i believe this is what you would use to modify the chips like i have
http://www.sctflash.com/ADVFord.php

here’s my chip

http://www.sctflash.com/Chip.php

Worked out perfect for ya :naughty:

A lot of the Mustang guys I know use SCT

it’s not the chip that is fucked up. its a ford.

thats whats wrong with it

I’m guessing there’s a story behind this?

no. its just my car breaks constantly.

ive had no problems with the chip or the tune.

Should of stayed N/A :eek3:

I plan on using SCT

For?

Shorty throw :kekegay:

i ordered mine from VMP tuning. Its an SCT xcal III with 3 custom tunes. They specialize in fords. I like it.

hands down the sct programmer is the best on the market as far as handheld tuners for the mustang…you receive the most out of your mods with the sct…ive had it for 3 years w/not a complaint in the world. just make sure you get the additional tunes on it or youll have to send it back an pay for more tunes

If you start tuning SCT, they just released one for a bunch of newer Mopars including my car. I was intrested in it, but a bunch of people told me to go with an AEM FIC instead. Still cant beat either of them for the price.