Did you serve in the US military during the Vietnam war?

As the title suggests I am looking for someone who was in the Vietnam war or served in active duty state side during this time. For my Vietnam history class I need to interview someone who fought in the war. The interview can be through e-mail, on the phone, or in person (if close enough obviously). This is for my final so I am pre-planning. This is not a big rush right now.

Just putting this out there to see if I get any bites. No one in my family served.

My uncle was over there for 2 days. He got there and on his first night his building was bombed and he got blown out the window and sent home with a purple heart. He probably wouldn’t be much help though. :smiley:

I think one of my other uncles was over there for a whilt though, I will ask my mom tonight if I remember.

I would appreciate it.

my 1st Sargent in my unit did…great guy i can get you his rmail if you like

oooh btw he is a car guy

my dad did, but he just did, in the navy. doing recon work. would that help?

my father did. was a navy corp man, medic. served with marine co. mike 3/7.
was over there in 68’ for 6 months.
came home with 2 purple hearts (should have 3) and perm. handicaped.

i can talk to him and see if he is willing to talk to you, most likely through email (he works in toledo during the week).
while he shared some stroies when i was growing up (why he wore a brace, what was wrong with his leg, why it wouldn’t work like the other one) he didn’t go into much detail until recent years, esp last year when he was contacted by an old friend that he hadn’t seen since he was loaded on a med-evac and taken out of vietnam. then i was ale to get some stories out of him while he was looking at some pictures when they got together.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I won’t be doing this until the end of November/early December so this is really just a feeler. But if you could contact your friends and family and just let them know about this and see how they feel it would help out when the time comes so its not a sudden surprise. I know some people don’t like to talk about it much, so remind them I am not a journalist (questions won’t be tough). After you guys mention this to them, could you PM me their contact info? E-Mail would be easiest but however they prefer we can work out.

Thanks again.