Discuss:

Adam, youve answered your own question. There really is no benefit to it. It’s a certain look that people, such as myself, really REALLY like. This is completely not made for driving in THAT stance. You have to go up, to drive it around. Some people that have a lot of cash and dont care about repairing their car every 20 minutes will actually drive just like that. It’s hell on the suspension and wheel bearings and such. Car’s arent designed to sit like that. It’s bascially 100% looks. They dont really care if its functional, or if it will handle, or if only the very inside inch and a half of the sidewall touches the ground. It’s a look, its a stance. It’s a style. It serves no real purpose other than to look a certain way.

Sort of like body kits back in the day and huge wings on FWD cars…

I don’t get the point of this stuff either but thought of a couple of benefits if these items are not TOO exaggerated:

Extreme chamber

• Can’t think of anything Haha

Staggered Rims on a FWD car

• Lot of track setups run staggered the other way (wider fronts) to make the car more enthusiastic about turning… Staggered the “looks” way I don’t see much benefit…

More on stagger: Some RWD cars were designed to have staggered tires, meaning the suspension geometry was built to take into account understeer promoted by the staggered setup… S2000 comes to mind here. Miatas for example are not supposed to run a staggered setup, and one case where bean counters pushed engineering into going from non-staggered to staggered is the E36 M3- the '95 M3 had a non-staggered setup but from 96 on the factory setup became staggered. Presumably because '95s ended up being too “prone to lift-off oversteer”… Or rather, the owners didn’t do the “driver mod”?? Hehe

Tires WAY to small for the rim

• No real benefit when it’s a crazy stretch

Lowered to the point of no driveability

• Only think I can think of is better mileage since you reduce the frontal area and hence CD. Everything else takes a hit (This is usually offset by the wider & bigger wheels and tires on most ultra lowered vehicles though)

exactly!

i didn’t read any other replys but there is only one reason for the vip style. it is to mimic how the japanese gansters style their cars. that is what started the vip trend, and that is why it is called vip. they are talking about the people that modded the cars. and because they are gangsters and money, they are always high end luxury cars. anything except the top of the line luxury japanese cars are not vip cars, they are vip styled cars. and in japan usually the cars are always driven on the streets with static suspension drops, not air ride…yes i’m a closet vip car guy, i’ve been into the style forever.

+1

you guys forgot to add that the rear fenders are radiused as well

vip iz dumb

yea, kinda looks like theyre flared.

is theres a sideshot?

vip is awesome for a daily. if i had too much money i would have a ls460 w 19s, kit and an inch of the ground for my daily.

plus eleventy billion, with a LS500 tho, blacked out:thumbup

WTF is chamber?

:tongue

Lol cossey don’t u know?? It’s the part of a gun that the bullet is loaded into duh lol

GAY

love the car but the wheels and stance are hideous!

grossssssssss

Is it just me or that is border line cartoonish style?

Slammed I understand, VIP I still don’t.

VIP is def not for everyone

It’s where you put the bullet before locking and loading the gun pointed to your head… As it should be when you flex an Accord like the one in the 1st post.

:rofl Archie I love you man