Discussion on the new Civic

:stupid: lol brian are you bored?

with this topic,yes!!:smiley:

haha you :love: me

im trying to defend a title here you know this!

My buddy just got a 4door si and they are reallly nice. Soo much leg room! Its preety damn quick too. Vtec sounds amazing too!

The new Si’s are really nice, IMO. The interior is kinda strange around the center dash, shifter area. It’s a shame that with every new gen they get loaded up with new stuff and ultimately heavier.

A stripped down model with the K20 would be awesome. They’re great looking cars, and I’d love to see some all motor ones hit 12’s without being hacked up.

I would agree Honda should go a step further and introduce a Factory Turbo Civic and Accord and even the S2000

wow what is that in the sky a pig flying o no its just a big ass bird :rofl:

so there went the chance of that ever happening

i think that honda is going to have to go with a factory turbo because even though theyre great cars, in the tuner scene they arent doing well at all competing with wrx’s and evo’s. yeah the k20 is an amazing motor and a great improvement but it still cant really compete with awd turbo.

yeah but honda will always falls back on the idea that people will buy them and do what they want to make them quick

they have made awd civics and even turbo’d honda’s before and they never lasted nor did they sell well and now the first state side turbo car just doesn’t sell

Why would you compare the civic to the EVO? Two totally different cars and two totally different price ranges. You really think people in the tuner scene would buy a Si if they could afford a EVO? Ok maybe some could afford the EVO and instead buy the Si for whatever reasons. As for the WRX, if your talking about the STi that falls in with the EVO arguement. For a regular WRX thats more like the Si’s territory. After racing in both cars for autox, I’d rather be in the Si for a host of reasons. If I was buying one for drag racing then I’d probably consider the WRX a bit more.

i so need to bring my si to some auto-x day i think it would be a blast cause its so much fun on windy roads i bet it would do well auto-xing well with you driving it would do well lol

Yes you do, PM me when you ready and I’ll get you hooked up :smiley:

Just to highlight the main difference between the WRX and the Si. Its that the WRX enjoys understeer way to damn much. Where as the Si’s LSD is probably one of the most aggressive I’ve driven. Like when I drove it I felt like I could pick a point almost behind me, slam the gas and point the nose, and the Si would just rotate to it. They still fell a bit heavy, but they carry it pretty well. I’m not sure how the new WRX’s with the 2.5 are, nobody locally or nationally has taken one out yet in a serious effort. The WRX and Si run in the same stock class.

i havent driven the new Sis but i did sit in one at the auto show. for the price, it feels very quality. i love the new interior and the overlook of the car. if i wouldve gotten one instead of my SS, i would probably be just as happy. they are nice cars.

im going to take you up on that

The Mugen Edition Si is going to be in the price range of the Evo/STi, starting at 30g’s. With the upgraded suspension and small power bump if any I still think that the STi/Evo would be better performance for the money. Now the 260hp 07 Civic Type R 4-door that was just released overseas would def. be a strong competitor with the line of AWD/Turbo’d cars.

Hopefully we’ll see one of the magazines get a hold of all three and track test them against each other

Just because they slapped a fancy bodykit on it and bumped the price still doesn’t mean its on the same playing field. I agree if we had a 'R" version of the civic then maybe. But the mugen edition (aero parts aside) is along the same lines as the HFP civics, just a better suspension/wheel setup. I heard Honda was doing the mugen edition as a test to see how it sold. Then they would consider other special models, so who knows.

Speaking of the Mugen Edition civic, Vtec.net just did a test drive at Mid-Ohio and they seemed to like it. Though they didn’t have a regular Si 4 door to compare against.
Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - First Drive! 2008 Honda Civic Mugen Si at Mid-Ohio

i just want those wheels hell with the rest

Awd Civic? Please show me, are you sure you are not mistaking for the 4wd civic wagon that honda made back in the day to get kiddies to school on snow days