"DMPYRDE" on the dyno @ The Shop

ok tuner travis. so when ray and i went to LI where he hit up a mustang dyno to the tune of 923rwhp, what did he make on a happy dyno then? im curious of this, because you trapped 113 with 366awhp or whatever in a 3300ish lb car. i trapped much higher with about the same power in a 3150lb car. maybe your numbers were off too because the weight isnt much different. not enough to make 6mph difference on the big end.

:rofl :rofl

I see what you did there :rofl:rofl

I know you are but what am I?
I know you are but what am I? =P

1.2 correction factor!!!thats ADDING a good % to his numbers!!! 1.0 is what the car actually made. then you can adjust for SAE or STD correction (which is BS i know i know… correction should NOT be used on a FI car.) so technically on pump i made 346hp UNCORRECTED (i love geting benny riled up with this) take the 405hp and subract for the % increase and i bet his and my numbers are near identical. also want to apologise about the dynojet/dyno dynamics… its ICS with the dynojet with no “control X” lol (watch a dynoflash video and you’ll get it.)

the 04 stis were ~3382lbs stock (dry weight) i ran with 1/2 tank of fuel (~9 gallons @ ~8 lbs/gal=~72lbs) a full golf bag in the trunk (~55lbs) a full stereo with sub/amp (~125lbs) plus me in it (~175lbs) at an UNCORRECTED 346hp… sooo 346hp pushing around 3800lbs i think the 12.3 is respectable. i also think the slight elevation change going from the capital district to lake placid affected my hp readings SLIGHTLY within 5-10hp. (j. mcgrath said his tune fluctuated on his wideband by .5 with the elevation change reading leaner in albany than in placid. and we know “lean is mean”) i cannot speak as to rays numbers i wasnt there and i dont know what correction was used if any at all. i know rays supra sure as fuck had the performance to back that number up though. and my guess on doms sti performance is just that… a guess. wont know until he runs at the track… every dyno is set up differently but pete’s comment of the 1.2 correction factor gives me a bit of insight as to how happy the dyno was infact reading.

not gunna lie, i got a chuckle. sometimes ya gotta laugh at your own stupidity and that was DEF a fuckin moron move.:banghead

i was unaware that you had bettered your mph. congrats on the trap.

EDIT: just looked back… i did say ~120… 122 is ~120… i was close lol

haha, yeah I always laugh when you through my old numbers around. Won’t be there this Wed. to try to better them though, got prior obligations. Maybe next week.

only reason i posted your numbers is because skateshelter and i (and you) basically all had/have the same turbo or variations of it. and unfortunately u have the best numbers. ya bastid :lol

LOL no limit motorsports? this place was about 20 min from where i used to live in Hampton bays NY where you get that pic?

haha, google image search…