do you know your blowoff valve sounds?

^AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WTF!? lol

Haha, I giggled at this post, watched the video after I read it, but now I agree with it completely. That’s exactly the sound I would imagine a midget cyborg to make when being powered down.

that compressor surge vid is the one… so thats a turboed motor running without a bov? and thats bad? but running a bov is also bad? im so confused…

bov = good, compressor surge = not something to strive for

:cool: thats what i got, definatly bad ass

yeah compression surge isnt a good thing but I wouldnt be too worried about it…

Well, all in all you SHOULD be recirculating your boost, keeps you spooled between shifts and it also prevents you car from running like an inefficient piece of poo. I had a Talon TSi that had a Turbosmart Megasonic BOV, sounded really cool and it really pissed off small dogs and squirrels. But, because the way the MAF was in the Talon (in front of the turbo, just as it is in the 240’s) ECU wont get accurate readings, and will run pig rich…you will soon run into stalling and poor idle quality issues if the car is not properly set up for it.

Just my 2 cents, sounds cool vs efficiency, your cha cha cha cha choice.

yea if ur not recirculating u need a safc or something along those lines i believe to help compensate…i may be full of shit though…beer

A good try but they often will not correct the issue. The way we (DSMer’s) got around it was to manipuate the placement of the MAF. A 3.5" GM MAF is relocated in front of or closer to the throttle body, the signal from the MAF was intercepted and modified by means of a MAF Translator (MAFT) so that the stock ECU would understand the signal.

The new setup allows the ECU to see what is actually going into the engine, because the MAF is now in the charge pipe. Whereas in the factory setup, the ECU only knows how much air is being sucked in by the turbo, as the MAF is in front of it. The ECU then calculates how much air is actually in the system under the assumption that the boost is being recirculated.

BOV’s still sound cool, and you can get dual ports…so you can have the best of both worlds.

fuck that, be a man and run no bov…i did forever and that t25 is out there kicking somewhere…i cant remember who got it.

For the one day that I drove my DSM, I thought that it sounded really cool. Had no BOV, and just did the choo choo sound :smiley:

you make them sound different by using different inserts in the bov

weld a whistle to the intake :slight_smile:
my .02

bahahaa i hope no1 does…

dude it is a hks ssqv. i have one, it makes that same noise at anything under 5 psi of boost. that cha cha cha or fluttering noise. anything over 5 psi is the normal pssh noise. its common for hks to do that. i researched it/commpresor surge to death because i was worried about compressor surge, but its not a big of deal as ppl make it out to be at low boost.

i remember when we changed over and put it on because we thought your turbo was making a fucked up noise but when we double checked it actually ended up being a loose down pipe hahaha but still, it doesn’t make a difference weather or not you run a blow off valve, i dont know if anyone here has ever seen a turbo fail specifically from that cause, and or how long did that take to happen if it really was from surge?

^^ haha this one was the best. " this is my duck car bitch"

I also have that BOV, and i would agree it is pretty badass indeed.

Does he have a duck whistle on that car? I’d so rock that, quack on every shift :smiley: