Do you purchase new vehicles and if so, why?

I bought my jeep back in the day BN, in 05. Payment was $13 less than what I paid for with my used jetta. Warranty didnt expire, and never had any issues getting things fixed for free. Kept an eye on KBB/trade in VS what i owed and didnt let it get ahead of me. Traded it in on the used Jetta a few years back, didnt put a dime down. That was a CPO and again didnt have any warranty issues getting things fixed for free.

ONLY, if you can put enough down, assume it holds its value ok, stay on top of said values, and dont rack up miles to kill the warranty its 100% worth the price of a new car.

• some people who are tight on money with short commutes or knowing they will stay with the warranty till it runs out time wise, can afford to pay a steady car payment but cant really afford to drop $500+ on it everytime something shits the bed if it wasnt covered by warranty.

Not always. The CPO warranty have taken a turn for the worse recently. VW for example. My 04, bought back in 06 had 28kmi on it when I got it. About 2 years and another 22Kmi warranty was transferred to me upon purchase. AND when that expired I had another 3 yr, 70kmi (irc) on the VW CPO warranty. Covered me 5 years and up to about 100kmi on the clock.

My wife bought a 07 passat with 22kmi, less than a year ago CPO. transferred the 48mo/50,000mi to her, which expired recently (yrs wise), and apparently the CPO takes effect at the time of purchase, NOT what I assumed like my 04 jetta did a few years back. My mistake for assuming that. The new CPO is 2 yr 24kmi. which is a joke. Ave commute is 20 miles one way, so a year is 10,400 miles LESS everyday driving around.

Maybe I dont remember the VW CPO details back 5 years ago. But I really think they were WAY better than the 2/24 they have now.