Domestic Car Abuse Day(s) in West Nowhere, VA

Thanks guys. Will post more pics tonight.

More time in each car today. The Camaro is a BEAST and is probably the most capable on track in terms of running it hard all day and putting it away wet. But, the Mustang is the most nimble and the most fun to drive slow or fast, IMO.

No optional Brembos on the Mustang. The base brakes are capable, but not as good as the Camaro’s Brembo setup. Fade is part of it but that’s more related to pad compound choice. As they build up heat, sliding calipers like the Mustang’s squirm around on the rotor and make it hard to control how much brake pressure you’re giving it at the limit. Nearly all stock brakes are like this, nothing new, but the fixed calipers on the Camaro are slick.

Not getting rich doing it, but it pays. Work is slow lately so I was able to get away for 2 days during the week. It’s a lot harder than I expected when you have to do things in time, coordinate with the camera truck, time things so far out in advance, etc. Not complaining, still having a blast. :smiley: The kind of stuff I’m doing isnt stunt driving or anything super complicated, so lots of people out there can do it (and therefore doesnt pay ridiculously $). To be honest, if you give anyone a closed airport and a bunch of cars, they’ll figure it out sooner or later.

No new GT for this shoot. This 2010 would be a hoot with that much power, so I’m sure it’s only better.

2010 GT V8 which is a 4.6 (? Wayne?).

Oh well OBVIOUSLY a 2011 GT 5.0>>>>>>>*

So you’ve been out of town, unable to play BC2… For this?

I shun you, Mr. Clark.

im confused about the dodges too, and why arent they srt8 models…unless they only are doing base performance v8, such as 2 hemi dodges, a ss since thats the only 8cyl u can get, and a gt instread of a billion other styles of moded factory fords!

It’s not a magazine comparo, just an ad for a giveaway. I’m sure the car choice was financially based. All the cars were in the 30s I think (no window sticker for the Camaro though so dont know for sure). I was told that the manufacturers were very picky about the cars and options.

This is my first attempt at an Archie-style "what I did today" post:

Day 2 is over. Ran one car out of gas and managed to baby the Charger for the rest of the day without breaking it any further.

The word I was looking for to describe the Camaro is planted. Everywhere. It’s a big heavy tank but lots o grip and stability. Just not as much fun as it could be.

Crappy cell pics as promised. No one wants to see pics of the cars so I took pics of just about everything else when I was stuck in the car waiting for filming to resume. :retardclap

Up @ 5am, at the airport by 6:20. Meticulous detailer crew is already there and obsessing.

Making movies

View from the Charger at 9:44 am where I sat for 25+ minutes while they set something up.

Chase truck with shockingly expensive gear on it

What I saw all day. This is the taxiway, the runway is full size.

Overhead shot of the airport from inside the “terminal.” We spent most of our time on the taxi ways, or doing laps around the far left island.

The airport is on the flat top of a mountain w/ incredible 360 degree views that were incorporated into a lot of the shots. 3 sides of the mountain were damn near vertical drops.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h136/jclarksince86/a2e23d0b.jpg

Semi-closed airport means we had the occasional plane drop in. The producer and I got caught out and had to take to the grass to avoid this guy.

By far the biggest plane we saw and one of two jets.

The mountains in western VA are littered with SICK driving roads and this one coming down the side of the airport’s mountain ranks among the top 3 I’ve found so far. Pictures dont do it justice. I’m a road snob and this rocked my world and my Yukon XL’s brakes for 12 miles.

That’s about all I can post since I dont own the film rights to the last two days. :smiley:

so how much effort did it take to get the Cheby CamEro sssidewayz?

ahhh gotchya, still seems fun as hell

Easy w/ 420-something hp and lotso torque.

Looks fun and those roads look awesome!

yeah they are making upper 300s at the wheels stock. LS series engines are pretty amazing considering they have pushrods and are built by bubba and larry.

Dude this is so sweet. I’m insanely jealous.

LMA:rofl!!!

Thats pretty freakin cool, thanks for sharing.

Very cool.

Archie would have written it up better. Next time call him and relay the days events.

Ohh fuuuuu, I thought you had a 2011Gt. They are leaps and bounds ahead of the 2010!

So it the new 5.0 with alot less displacement :tongue. Hell a 6spd auto car just made 375rwhp with just a tune!

yeah but how long did it take ford to make NA power?? Fords have been nutless anemic boat anchors out of the box since jesus was alive. so choked up from the factory. they are finally getting NA right. but i cant wait to see a '11 GT with some boost

The mods have never been spectacular N/A performers, but with some boost they are pretty lethal! Evo is working on a TT '11 Gt right now… :ahh

Domestic owner dick swinging starts now. Both cars suck, just a little less than Dodge.

:rofl Im not taking the hook you fag

i willllll , FUCK FORD N/A MOTORS SUCK ASS