Donks impounded over safety

Donks impounded over safety,Ohio state.

Thoughts? Link below.

Cincinnati impounding Donks

I’m not a huge fan of that style, but some of the cars don’t look terrible when done right. If the rims are DOT approved how do they not pass a Ohio inspection? I think its just another way for johnny law to hold back the black man. :slight_smile:

If I saw a donk in an impound lot, “it not being safe” wouldn’t be on my list of possible reasons.

^ agreed Darksyde…

I’d say untill these ‘Donks’ start causing major/many accidents by statistics,leave them alone…

Most that have vehicles like this drive them slow anyways.They are just looking to show off and have some fun,nothing more IMO.

So by the same token are they going to impound Escalades and Denali’s for having 22"-26" rims on them? I mean hell alot of vehicles come stock with 20’s now. This seems pretty clear who they are targeting and any lawyer should have a field day with this.

I hope the police get their balls sued off, you just can’t do that.

whats next, going after VW owners and M3 with stretched tires :wink:

I myself don’t falt the street Cops at all for doing what they are told to do,just the BS law that was passed to hammer down on the folks who have vehicles like these.

Honestly i think the cars look silly and foolish,however i don’t see a major need for Law to take them off the road,unless deemed unfit for traffic safety and for legit reasons. Not much different from the trucks and SUV’s you see with lift kits and huge tires… hmmmmm…

I love donks. However, one thing I have wondered on all vehicles with oversized wheels is the braking power…anyone seen any comparisons of the bigs to the littles?

^ this is true and can be an issue,agreed.

My buddy watched one flip and eject its homies on I95 a couple years ago.

While putting excessively large wheels on raised old boats with stock brakes isn’t exactly ‘safe’, impounding the vehicle as a result should never be legal.

I’d be more concerned about excessively stretched tires…

This is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed in our nation.

I whole heartedly agree!

Braking power is reduced. Going from 30x9.5 BFG a/t to 33x12.5 Cooper STTs on my jeep was a huge change because of the inerta of the wheel. It is basicly the same effect as Donks. I know to stay a further distance and it will take longer to stop.

George Bush hates black people.

I wonder what the likelihood of finding contraband in a donk is vs a stock vehicle.

I have a feeling this has a lot less to do with vehicle safety and a lot more to do with finding an easy way to search vehicles the police are expecting to find narcotics in. If it’s going to be impounded I’m assuming they have to inventory the vehicle.

Pretty shitty end run around search warrants, but if the law is on the books you can’t really blame the cops for using it.

donks always put a smile on my face… I can be having a horrible day and then I see a donk and I’m happy again.

It’s really not good for people modding cars at all…

Once you go down this road it hurts everyone.

i dont think the wheels tires and braking shit should make a difference. I mean then you would have to eliminate lifted trucks, etc.

But alot of cars have super modified frames to support the air ride systems and shit that goes into these cars. In that case if done incorrectly it could be a hazard but only to the driver of that specific vehicle.

B.s. in my opibion just leave people the hell alone.