Drift Ops Season Opener April 26!

lol its not even that, last time i brought a trailer of tires and almost ran out, like wtf ?

also, is there any chance a tire changing service will be available ?

Count me in…this season im going RWD :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

This just in! We will Drift on Nelson and Fabi Circuit! The day will be split in two. Half day on Nelson, half day on Fabi.

I know that this will eat away a little of your time and I know it’s a PITA to move all your gear over, but I think it’s worth. We’ve all (well most) have drifted on Nelson, let’s throw Fabi on there and see how things go!

Team Drift Ops.

Best news yet, both tracks. Where do I pay???

Count me in, and there should be a few guys from the 613driftwerks crew in for this!
is there an official list, how do we decide who gets on the advance track and who do we pay?

-Matt

How many people would be interested in changing rubber at the track rather than bringing more rims ? I’m sure I’m not the only one who is short on rims, because a spare pair or two, is just not enough for a full day.

i havent had time to pick up more sets so i’d probably use it if tire service were available, if it wont be i’d probably just grab more rims anyways.

I need to buy another set …but yes ide be intrested in a tire machine at the track…or even a clos place tire shop to get it done jut in case

There is a good chance that there will be a tire changer at the track…

But that will be confirmed later. I’m not making any promises.

i will be there as long as my car is ready

oohhh snap track already. i never checked this section in a long time. you know im in wayne^^ screw studying for exam !!!

http://www.driftops.com/pics/driftopsiwantyou.jpg

^^^

uncle sam needs a keiichi tsuchiya photochop

Change your tires by hand, and stop being wussies. All you need is access to an airline with 80+psi, and 2 pry bars… Fuck you people are lame.

…I’m in if my car is assembled, 2 tracks, for 1 day and a decent price? Fuckya…

some people actually burn their tires and requires them to bring of upwards of 5 sets of tires at the track. you think people have space for tire changing equipment?

we’re all lame so you can change our tires for us since your so cool. have fun changing our tires with wires sticking out…with your bare hands

thanks!

lol
they cut into you!
im in anways, getting tires mounted thsi week

hahahahaha

…I spent 2 years working at a tire shop in the retread and industrial divisions. I say change your own tires because it’s not fucking hard. I was making a joking comment, but I’m telling you it’s easy. 2 pry bars and some soap/grease.

…That’s a whole lotta tire changing equipment, I don’t know how you would ever fit it in your car…

And you don’t bring gloves to the track? Wires don’t hurt that much.

Congratulations, you turned a joking comment into a pissing contest.

I was actually surprised at how many people were in shock because I was changing my own tires at one of the Drift Free Fridays… It really is not hard, and for $10/tire, it can save you a fair bit of money, if you’d like, I can show you how to do it next time I make it out.

Registration online!

http://driftops.com/registration/April26_SeasonOpener_v1.pdf

Click the link and register NOW!

well you said access to airline, so i assumed you’d have to bring a compressor along since no one brings a compressor to the track unless they are mounting tires (only seen this once)

i’m sure you have a lot more experience in mounting tires, but i guess it really comes to what size you are mounting and if your stretching the tire or not. and no i’m not talking about some 195-205 on a 5 or 6J

anyways, i’d be happy to learn how to mount tires with my bare hands if its really that simple. I look forward to it!