Drove a Gallardo today...

…at Englishtown Raceway in NJ. Nice car, but I must say I miss the way they used to build cars…

There’s just too much going on, between TC systems, ABS, tiptronic revmatching, etc. Sure, the car prob. gets around the track quicker, but it’s such a watered down feeling compared to what I’m used to. I don’t know, I like the struggle in learning how to drive a car, not so much the technical wizardry…

I’m sure a lot will scoff at this post, but just my 2 cents…it’s still without ?, a very impressive car, just not my cup of tea…

yeah sounds like you should stick to-

1995 Lotus Esprit S4, 1991 Toyota MR2, 1997 Acura Integra Type R

Joe I would have prob felt the same way

Clarkson and them IIRC said they liked the simplicity and purism in the McLaren F1 over all the crazy gadgetry of the Bugatti Veyron when they drag raced the two. Of course they loved the Veyron but they made multiple comments like that toward the F1. It was something to do with cars built when Margaret Thatcher was PM of GB vs. Tony Blair.

You could probably find the clip on YouTube.

Lamborghini’s are built for the rich, they aren’t pro race car drivers… They need the driving aids.

Pretty much the exact same train of thought I had driving it…

Cause I’m sure all people who are “rich” which is a relative term are complete useless fucks and absolutely need these driving aids…and I’m sure a majority of this forum who “thinks” they’re good drivers would turn them off in said car and run into a fucking wall. This might actually be a great idea.

Anyway that’s pretty sweet that you got to drive an exotic like that. I’d really like to drive one as well. The most exotic car I’ve ever driven was just a porsche turbo s

I’m not buying a Gallardo for the way it handles on a track but because it’s so f-ing sexy looking :tup:

^this.

i am pretty dead set that if i ever sell the 996 it will only be to upgrade into a gallardo…

I thought you can turn all that BS traction control and everything off it just takes some work…

Then you just end up hitting a wall :lol:

Maybe you can. Wasn’t in the car long enough to really find all that stuff out. Either way, it’s still a very impressive car…

FWIW, Joe, I agree. Give me an '01 Diablo 6.0, jettison the front diff, axles, front driveshaft, and that’s my ideal Lambo.

Yea, it made me appreciate the Esprit a lot more…

Yeah but Jason you get “free” labor if said Diablo breaks, lol.

No pics? gtfo

Holy fuck did you get butt-hurt? Obviously i didn’t say all rich people don’t know how to drive, get the fuck off my nuts! It’s an exotic car that’s very expensive, it should have all the features they can fit into it. At least most if not all of the features have off switches.

Lamborghini’s main consumers are wealthy people, they are designed to be easy to drive. Most people who can afford them most likely aren’t taking them to road coarses to be pushed.

Also lamborghini has decided to not offer manual transmissions in the up coming vehicles, they are all gonna be e-gear. I wonder why!!!

Proof v.

Sorry guys, every time I look at a Lambo here’s what I think of:

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/43370-door_stop.jpg

I would much rather have this:

http://fastautopix.com/wp-content/uploads/5681_aston_martin_dbs-4e250085d56f8.jpg

Getting rid of the manual transmission for those cars is a great idea. Not only do they make more money from it, but it’s consistently shown that auto transmissions of those type are better fitted for the kind of driving these cars are built for. Guess you haven’t driven a car equipped with one of these?

Agree’d

I rented a Gallardo for 24hrs in Vegas. Though I LOVED the exhaust note driving down the blvd. and the SMG…it was enough of a test drive to say i didn’t care to purchase one.