DSM Shootout aug 16th/17th

whoa, did anyone notice in the pic of the magnus motorsports drag car it is using a dsm auto tranny? Didn’t think/know they could handle that!

nice pics lazylaser! maybe someyear ill head out with you!

see 77redneck’s sig

Shootout was good this year but I broke my rear U-joint in the second round of eliminations, Qualified with a 9.85@154.92, then ran 9.93@156.81, beat TurboTrix’s drag EVO first round even though it spun bad in 3rd. Time to fix a few things and run some real times.

Sorry to hear about the U-joint Curt … but damn good times. Good luck with everything!!

Did you end up fixing it and running in the time trials?

Pulled the driveshaft and drove home, I was having a hard enough time with it spinning all four slicks in 4th let alone trying to run it in FWD mode.

My day started out with an 11.9 at 126. The next two passes were junk (hot lapping the car). Fourth pass netted 11.8. I bumped the timing 2 degrees and ran 11.7 at 129, no knock. I then bumped the timing 2 more degrees looking for an 11.5-11.6 at 130 first round of B1 and the solder joint on the relay for my fuel pumps broke off and stranded me. Like Curt I drove home in FWD mode but I guess its a moot point since I’m always in FWD mode LOL. For me I was happy seeing as I put stock cams back in and was driving with significant valvetrain damage (and most people could tell as I let out a cloud of smoke every time I fired the car up). The drive back to Altoona took forever but it was worth it and I’m hoping to do this again next year.

I think Curt did a really awesome job. Once again he was the fastest car that was driven to/from the property and clipping off full blown race cars in doing so.

it was good to meet up with you, that sucks that you broke there but you weren’t the only one thats for sure. I think the shoot out is cursed

Kiggly runs an auto in his White fwd Laser, and it’s a really well engineered car.

Nah, I think DSM’s are cursed. :smiley:

anyone notice shep running a 9.96 in the evo? http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/TALONDSP/th_2008DSMShootoutJohnShepherdsevoruns.jpg

Yeah we were all commenting on how when his 7sec car is down he still has a 9s Evo.