dual displays, different sizes? utility to manage them?

Does anyone know of a utility that will shift the desktop of a monitor to line up with another?

for example, a 15" and 19" monitor sitting side by side, when you move the mouse cursor over from one monitor to the other it will jump towards the top of the screen, while it left the original monitor around the center (if that makes sense)

been looking on google but don’t know what string to search for. All I’ve found are utilities to manage wallpapers

i use UltraMon … works well for my dual setup

2nd on UltraMon.

UltraMon as well

Why in the hell do you need a utility… Go to display properties and move the monitors to align the way you want you can even set a different as primary.

Windows does it. You just need to set up where the smaller screen lines up to the main streen.

Windows can partially control it but I think it more has to do with your video card. When I updated my drivers for my Nvidia card, the controls changed in the Windows control panel along with my Nvidia control panel. I lost a few resolutions and the ability to have different desktop images on each monitor.

I use ultramon and don’t see anything for it.

I know you can align monitors as far as left-right/up down, but I don’t think it will let it align them from “X,Y” position… at least not that I’ve found. Can you be more specific? It’s not really a big deal, but would be nice for aesthetics

Click on second monitor, drag monitor up or down until its lined up.

no shit, I’ll try that. thanks

ok, thanks for that tip. I had no idea windows did that… worked great for aligning the bottom of the monitors.

I still have said problem though and assume that it “should” be able to work like I’m thinking it should, especially since they’re esentially the same monitors, just the size is different but who knows

here is a picture of said problem. You can see that as the vertical position increases, it distorts the window (look at the taskbar, then look at the top). The desktop on the left is 1680X1050 resolution and the one of the right is 1920X1200 (same aspect ratio)

I guess both monitors would need to display the same resolution, just part of the image on the second (left) monitor would be cut out… there has to be a piece of software that does this without the side effect of loosing screen realstate.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5289&stc=1&d=1220921407

maybe u should just sell one and buy a matching one. i dont know many people running 2 diff LCD’s

I run mine at work with the laptop monitor as one and an LCD as the other. It is pretty easy to just deal with it. I never have one window on both screens, that would just annoy me.

I don’t have the $$$ laying around for another (the 28" cost quite a bit). The only reason I’m running 2 is because the other was just collecting dust from grabbing the new one

lol sell me said old one?

yeah, good point. It’s not like you’ll ever use that crease so not a big deal I suppose.

it was worth a shot

thanks peeps

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52818&highlight=viewsonic

:smiley:

You also have to change the resolution on the smaller one, to match as closely to the larger one as possible.

With two different resolutions, of course it will look different!

Try the left one at 1280X800?

Gotta play with it. It may just not be possible with such a big difference…

yeah, I think you’re right. I haven’t tried it yet as the stand doesn’t rotate, but I wonder how close it lines up if I flipped it 90*. So I’d be closer to matching the vertical space, and loose a little horizontal

Again, you’d have to try and match up the resolution for when the image transitions between screens.

The smaller screen will need a resolution to make the icons appear the same size as the larger monitor. Say you had 1280X1024 on the right monitor… you may need 800X600 on the left (non WideScreen)

That should do it. Not sure how resolutions work with the 90° tilt