DX10 finally showing some benfits?

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTU5MSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

a little old, but still interesting. DX10 seems to yield approx 20% more performance in Farcry2 than DX9

Can someone please give this guy a custom title… something to reflect that he is the king of the huge nerd forum. :slight_smile:

It’s not right than an OG like him doesn’t have a custom title.

my buddys computer gets less fps in DX10 mode, i dont kow his specs but he can play it and it looks better then my 360, he also has crysis

check out the new avatar :nerd:

<3 lol

Thats wierd, has he tried them back to back? AA enabled?

:tup:

I bet at least a few people here have no idea what that is, or at least have never seen one in real life.

lol

was cleaning out an old closet back when I moved out of the rents house and found a few cases of those laying around, even still in shrink wrap lol

1.2mb :tspry:

^ Oooh. The high capacity ones. Better get out a piece of tape and write protect those bitches.

:lol: forgot about that

Lol Floppy disc, i didnt notice right away what it is either i thought it looked wierd.

Windows Vista prem. 32 bit edition
AMD 64 x2 6000 runs a t 3.00ghz not oc
Asus m2n-e SLI
4 Gb pc 6400 ddr 2 corsiar i think
800 watt psu
Ati radeon 2900xt 512mb (comparable to nvidia 8800 gtx)

far cry 2 and crysis run better on direct ex 9 lose instant 10-15 fps with DX10 sure looks purty though!!! my comp > xbox 360

that’s wierd… crysis does run noticably better in dx9 for me too, but in farcry2 @ 1920X1200 with 4XAA/16XAF dx10>dx9 hands down in performance (looks a little better too)

maybe it’s a 64bit vs 32bit thing?

Isnt there DX10.1 now? technology changes so fast its so hard to keep up! I remember when HDR came out and i still had Bloom!

Pffttt… go 8" or go home.

Ya even with my rig, dx10 loses some fps. But thanks for changing your avatar steve. That chick was scaring me.

lol

yeah, 10.1 is supposed to add some new API functions and improve performance a bit afaik, but ATi is the only company making them at the moment. Not even sure if any software supports it yet.

It wasn’t as big a jump as dx9b was to dx9c… with windows 7 around the corner, it wont be long before DX11 is here

haha no problem

wait, you have pretty much the same rig that I’m running don’t you? (with an extra GPU?)

You don’t notice a speed increase in FC2 in DX10? You deff. should

:lol: ya know, I’ve never even actually seen one in person. Were they common in the glory days of the PC? Or was it like the equivalent of the VHS cassette to a laser disc?

Oh I was speaking dx10 in general terms. Not specifically to fc2. I cant get this sob cracked! lol

oh lol

:snky: pm me