e10 vs 100% gasoline

what makes more power? and why?

All fuels that I’m aware of have some sort of oxygenate added, so honestly the difference is negligible as if it’s not ethanol – it’s something else. Plus, ethanol being ~40% less efficient than gasoline means that only 10% of the fuel is 40% less efficient.

Keep in mind, this is strictly theoretical, but I think the difference is null.

between e10 and e0 i don’t think you’re going to make any more power. in terms of what is better between the 2, it would obviously be e0, unless you’re a corn farmer subsidized by the government

thanks for posting. i forgot i posted this topic on here so it took me awhile to respond.

i would like to know what the best air to fuel ratio is for e10. i hear its something like 13.8 to 1 or 14to1 for stoich. but i am unsure maybe one of you guys with more knowledge on the fuel could let me know

regular gasoline is 14.7to1 without e added. but doesn it change enough to effect the tune with e10?

also has anyone made a flex fuel map for a honda? or any car that never had one? i know with the saabs if you have a t7 and up you can get a flex fuel tune but if you have a t5 you cant. whats the differences between a car that can run flex fuel and one that cannot?

i would love to be able to mix e85 with regular gas or run just one or the other with the same map. if this is possibile show me some info or links please

thanks

The ethanol subsidy for corn ran out last year.

O2 sensors are lambda sensors and that’s what they report. They don’t give a shit if you are burning piss or whale jizz as fuel. Stoich is always going to be 14.7 if your wideband controller isn’t adjusted to report the actual mixture for X fuel @ X lambda value. Typically, unless I’ve scaled the stoich value in the tune for the new fuel – I just leave the good old gasoline scaling on my wideband and run it.

Oh, and the “theoretical” E10 stoich mixture would be approximately 14.13:1 – but this is assuming that it’s exactly 10% ethanol. It’s a half point, but it’s not REALLY a half point. Any vehicle with working sensors will immediately compensate for that when it goes closed loop.