E85 content analyzer?

Anyone with an ‘in-car’’ ethanol content analyzer that has a recent reading on the E85 pump @ the Wolf Rd. Mobil Station?

My current tune was done in early March (on winter blend E70), so I’m been doing some data-logging to keep an eye on my tune…anticipating an eventual transition from my Winter E85 map to a summer E85 map.

Any help would be most appreicated.

-Shawn

I believe they already switched.

2 or 3 members mess with ethanol on daily basis and have home testers.

I’ve got the Zeitronix in-car…Mobil at exit 23 (Northway) is 74 percent, and Mobil near the airport across from Keeler is 81 percent. I’d guess that Wolf is also 81 percent but you never know. FWIW, the little test-tune deals read about 4 percent high, myself and another member have verified this several times. Your best bet is to tune on E77(ish). Also, FWIW, I saw zero difference in AFR’s going from 76-77 percent to 81 percent…

OT, but what kind of power does your GTR make?

What was your target A/F on your current tune? Ethanol has a wide A/F range in which it produces maximum power, the swing from 70ish to 85ish will be less than a point on a wideband. I would say that most tuners (myself included) tune on the side of rich when working with winter blend. Honestly though, your car should still be adaptive for the most part. Your short term and long term fuel trims (if still enabled) will make up for the minor difference.

What he said. Also realize that the anti-knock qualities of E70-85 are virtually identical, however ethanol has the tendency to detonate when ran rich, so that is what gives some t00ners the idea that E70 is not has knock resistant as higher blends (car knocks when run on winter blend, when originally tooned on summer blend).

Thank you guys. I’m not seeing any knock and I’m not really thinking I have an issue…just don’t want bet my motor on it. Most other GTR’s I know running E85 are doing exactly what you suggested (tuning around E77 and letting the trims keep everything safe). Still, knowing that mine was originally tuned on E70, I want to do some data-logging to get a tweak if needed.

So now that you’ve found your cars do a good job correcting for the seasonal variations in ethanol content…is there any practical reason to have a Zeitronix in-car?

Not sure what the AFR target is on my current tune.

On my current setup, I gained 195 HP & 210 TQ from stock.

Welcome. Very nice car. Be prepared to be trolled by a few mullets behind the wheels of catfish.

E85 wise I’d stick with keeler mobil as they are right above e80, had some poor luck with wolf rd mobil this year so I’ll just use the keeler one.

The supplier for keeler is different from wolf rd.

Who tuned your car? Never seen it filling up with e85 personally… However I am there when I drive my car which is once or twice a week if that lol…

I test content everytime I put fuel in the car

Welcome to the forum. You should post an introduction thread.
Tdi logik, Turbo Travis, and JDaniels definitely know there stuff.

phone post so bear with me…unless your car is running closed loop at wide open throttle, it’s not correcting for ethanol content changes. With that said, knowing your ethanol content at all times is manditory. Just keep in mind that the little shake testers run a few percent high. People have seen as low as e50 and as high as e90 on The zetironix

Most factory ECU’s will reference the LTFT’s and will adjust power enrichment accordingly. We’re talking small numbers here, not big. I would be surprised (and not pleasantly) if a factory ECU was not capable of doing this.

For the Evo stock ecu gurus are Workibg on it right now to get the ecu to adapt to it, via using the gm sensor thing… Idk how far in the works it is but it’s deff In progress

Nice GTR.

My Supra has no issues with any of the gas stations locally for E85. I’ve ran all three of the location stations, but I wasn’t tune on the ragged edge either. Car is a bit rich. Could use some leaning up. Haha.

I’m finding myself that cars tuned just a few hours south of us (when brought back up north) tend to richen up.

Yea, about a point rich.

My car is about .5 points richer now vs being t00ned in Southern CT. No worries, tuner is coming up to touch it up next week. I’ll eventually test the car on various ethanol levels to see the AFR change, but all I can say at this point is that E76-81 in my car nets identical AFRs.

On the GTR they run closed loop all the time except under deceleration injector cut off, cold start or fault conditions.

So…I am under the impression that the relatively small change in seasonal ethanol content is not a big problem for me. Still…I’m not confident enough in this statement to not datalog.

Thank you all for the advice/experience.

I missed what you were running for a standalone…

stock ecu…