Alternative Fuel Stations: E85, Diesel, Bio Diesel.

I would like to see where you have the best luck with alternative fuels either price wise or reliability. I know some stations have more traffic, or substandard tanks, ext. I am more concerned about where E85 buddiez have had good luck but discussion is open to TDI and other diesel buddiez as well.

My car doesn’t seem to care where I get my e85 from. My most visited stations would be Mobil @ Broadway in Saratoga and Runway Express @ Brookline Rd & RT50 in Ballston Spa. I occasionally hit up the Cumbys on 146 in Clifton Park and Exit 18, all seem pretty equal once you get further into the season.

i like the mobil e85. most conistant the car runs, however i had a bad batch onnce and the car was knocking pretty signicantly ( CEL flashes if the car knocks), got the car tuned on the keeler mobil e85 but i tend to stick with the wolf e85 since im always out that way.

Been there a couple times too. Fortunately, it’s much less detrimental to my car if I get a lesser quality batch.

yea i mean, if its acting up i won’t WOT the car, just fart around till i burn it out… but like i said, it only happened once and it was in the middle of summer. i really need to order that e85 tester just so i know for my own piece of mind

Ill be using wolf road e85.

For diesel, I usually fill up at Hess off exit 8 or Mobil across from Keeler. I prefer them due to the new nozzles so I don’t have to use the pump adapter.

You got your car tuned on winter blend, correct?

Im worried about getting a bad batch and being stranded. If I can still chug thru a some bad E85 I wont be as worried. Im gonna fill up at Wolf and Sand Creek Mobil tonight.

Strong PJB. Anyway, get the percentage tester for peace of mind.

It was tuned on 85, but I can use winter blend as well. He tunes a pretty safe margin.

good looks bud, shouldn’t have an issue.

I have used various blends of 87oct petrol and e85 without issues. If I am stuck somewhere and have no options I will generally throw in a few gallons of 87oct and drive it.

I go to the Hess near my house for diesel. Do you guys know if there are other local places where you can get diesel as well? Different companies seem to have different diesel cetane ratings. Hess tends to have it ~40-42, I’d like to find out if theres something near by where I can get something a bit higher and try a couple tanks to see if it makes any sort of notable or worthy difference. Also, do you guys know of a good iphone/itouch app that has locations noted in it?

did you get the fuel or did ivey?? Did you test if before it was ran in the car?? I got a tester for $15…haven’t used it yet though

ummm, unless you tested it, i doubt it. but its possible… and theres no e85 in jersey ray

and you said you wanna sell that tester? if ya do i’ll take it lol, cuz im gonna be buyin mine soon if not lol

all #2 is rated at 40 cetane.

well, theyre rated at 40, but it seems like it varies depending on the station brand. the rest of the tdi members on here have had theirs for a lot longer than me, so i’m wondering if theres a local place somewhere that tends to have better fuel than the other places.

john ray and sons in troy. Bio fuel. web link says B5 and B20 is available.

i stick to Hess or Pilot around here for regular #2, my last tank is B2 or B5 whatever they had on the pump at JR&S. my latest tune is a MPG hog, plus i hammer on it alot. but it runs good on the Bio treats

same shit really… this tank has been pretty good considering i’ve been wompin on it… never really made a difference where i fueled up. i’d like to go to JR&S when they have b20 and give that a shot

runway in rotterdam has offroad fuel for 4.05 and normal for 4.19.

wish i brought a credit card to load up on the off road LOL