ebay headlight housing

Has anyone purchased diamond cut headlight housings on ebay?

There selling them for only 11.00CDN. Does anyone know if they’re as good at all?

Thinking of buying some but just not trusting ebay’s stuff at the moment.

ya i was looking into those too… dont know if they are good or not

you really think your going to get quality light from an 11 housing ?? thier are allot of very good products out there on ebay… but buying the cheapests ones is not the way to find em… do yourself a favor go to Can Tire and get some silver stars, for the money you can’t beat them… If you’ve got some odd neurosis about silver stars then PI sells hella , they make replacment H4’s as well. Neigher are $11, but then agian both will actually throw light .

Just the housing I’m talking about.

At Pacific Mall they’re 75.00

by ‘housing’ you mean lens right ??? if so then UTFSE … it’s been discussed a few times here… ad infinitum.

regardless if it’s a housing or a whole light… $11 is not going to get you a thing that’s useful… to you anyways… it’s just more ammo for the rest of uss to use when your called ‘rice’

but that’s just me.

i got the housing with the h4 bulbs was 10 times brighter people though i had HID

The eBay housings are better than the stock sealed beam lights for sure. They’re not the best housings out there… I believe Canadian Tire sells Bosch H4 housings that are pretty good.

I’ve searched on ebay and the $50 ones are the same shit as the $11 ones, and you still pay $35 USD for shipping in either case.

It’s worth the money to upgrade, but they’re not the best out there. But for $11 who is expecting the best?

there are two types of housings those , the acrylic that are cheap and the glass , within class their are two type those with DOT laser cut surfaces and those without DOT surfaces… the latter is the most expensive, thowis the best light and won’t get in in trouble with MTO if they have an inspection check point. but mostly theya re made to a much higher quality then the other ones.

i have the ebay ones, i love them, they’re so much better than stock.

actually the only ones sold at Canadian tire are Bosch H4 conversion housings, Rayberg and Hella also make high quality H4 housings.

the silverstar replacements are still sealbeams

silverstars suck anyways, get bosch h4 housing and some good bulbs and youll be fine it will be about 100 bucks

the 11$ ONES ARE sooooo amazing dude. They are so cheap because the government thinks they are so good that they subsodise some of the cost so the end consumer will upgrade the product man they are insane and they loook so sick with thecrystal effect too, they use nobeam cutoff design so you light up everything even the sky above you its insane

even better than HID!!!

:roll:

seriouslyteh BOSCHAHSSS are good.

All I know is that Silverstar’s are way too overrated.

Hey guys.

Well Mark, aka birdhouse, has them and they look and work really good. They are the H4 ones and of course, fit right in.

Anyway, if you check the shipping cost out you’ll see they charge a TON for it and make money off of that. So thats part of the reason the lights are so cheap. They draw you in with the low price, you bid or buy and then kick yourself later b/c the dam shipping is so much.

They are nice lights though.

Ebay is always like that, you can find the same item from the same person for different prices, but if you add the shipping to the cost of each item it equals out to the exact same price.

Try and find them off of someone locally, b/c I bought them off of someone on the boards, and they only ended up costing me $10CAD and like another $14CAD for the bulbs.

Sorry to bump a dead post, but…

anyone have a part number for the bosch h4 conversion bulbs from CT? The dude behind the counter looked at me like I had 3 eyes when I asked for it…

thanks
Ian

If you have the conversion … buy h4 bulbs. They are super popular just look at the bottom of the aisle.

ahh, sorry, I meant the bulb housings/conversion kit