Eclipse/Talon 2ga/b's

Ok so im wondering if there’s a difference in motors.

4G63
4G63t
420a

were these the only ones that came in the vehicles from 95-99?

was there even a 4G63 for them?

420a is the plymouth/dodge/chrysler motor and is n/a

4g63 are turbo’d which is where the T in 4g63t comes from they are the same motor

the 4g67 is the non turbo’d i guess of that motor found in regular lancers n the galant

4g64 is a non turbo 2.4l that came in the 2g spyder.
4g63 came in the non turbo flavor only in the first gens.

ok but was there actually a non turbo 4g63 in any 2g or were they all 420a and 4g63t and the spyders 4g64?

and between the 4g63 and 420a is the exhaust system the same?

There was a non turbo 4G64 but not a 4G63 in a 2nd gen.

no all 4G63’s were turbo’s in 2G’s

the exhuast system is different between motors

ok now about the exhaust system(cat back) are the 2 non turbo motors exhausts the same?

well i was looking to buy a cat back and it was saying in the description in all of them as a 95-99 eclipse/talon non turbo? would that mean the 420a??

If this is on ebay, I’d be careful. They can overgeneralize a lot sometimes, might be worth it to ask the seller.

yeah the 420a is the motor for those years, (non turbo). But i believe the chassis would be the same and all mounting pts for both cars with the 4g63 and the 420a

its been awhile, but iam pretty sure that the n/a and gst cat backs are the same. the gsx cat-back wont work on an n/a because it has to go under the rear diff. as far as the engines go, it seems everyone has covered it. the 420a was offered in the rs and gs models. the 4g63t was in the gst and gsx, and the 4g64 was in the spyders (which was non-turbo).

if your looking for a cheap and decent upgrade for a cat-back, grab a stock one off a gst. people sell them cheap used, its a direct fit, and it does offer a little bit of performance and better exhaust tone. if your interested, i do have a pace-setter header just collecting dust that i would let go for cheap.