WTB Eclipse turbo piping

My son wants to turbo his 98 Eclipse GS. He has the stock turbo and side mount IC. He needs everything else (stock). Anything?

I’m sorry to say this but the gs is the chrysler 420a n/a motor. The turbo eclipses are the mitsu 4g63 motor and transmission. There is no such thing as stock turbo parts for that motor setup.

hahn racecraft is your friend…

yep

x2. I beleive the HR turbo kit for the GS puts out quite a bit more power then the GST and GSX’s

We understand that the engines are different. But if we mount the turbo and intercooler in the precise locations that they are mounted on a turbo car, wouldn’t the stock turbo piping from a turbo car work?

No. Not even close at all. You would be better of just picking up a universal ic and piping kit off of ebay.

yeah the motors are flipped. trans and intake on opposite sides.

I had a n/t 95 eclipse and i turbo’d it and trust me it is not worth it. I wish I would have just used the money to make it look nice like wheels, tint, system, etc

no, they are completely different. like stated earlier they are flipped so the transmission is on the other side. just tell your son to quit tryin to be a cheap ass and either:

A) buy a turbo kit made for the car or,

B) sell the car and just buy a gst or gsx