electricians.....220 line install?

any of the NYSpeed electricians have a quick estimate to have a 220 line installed? I have a panel in the garage that used to have 220, but when I had an electrician come in and put in all new wiring, he took it out for some reason without telling me. I still have the line and plug box. I just need it tied into the panel.

any ideas on a rough cost to have that done?

thx in advance.

DIY?

I ran a new 50 amp 220 line to my garage when I was doing drainage.
If you have all the hardware in place already, he might have disconnected it for a code violation or something? :shrug:

i thought about a DIY, but the thought of messing with a panel terrifies me. Im sure I could do it, but id much rather pay someone to do it and have full confidence it is done right.

run your 1X/3 line, turn off the supply to the sub panel, install breaker. Not hard at all, been there done that. Takes longer to drill the studs / beams then it does to make your terminations.

IDK how much it’ll cost to have someone do it, but IIRC master electrician labor rate is upwards of $100/hr formally.

It is entirely likely that he pilfered the power to supply some 110 outlets. Depends on what you have coming in/out of the panel.

Does the line run to your the main panel for your house?
If so, what is that breaker rated for?

ya, the power in the garage is coming from a line from the main panel in my basement. I’ll have to double check what that braker is rated for.

pm sent

seriously man, what would make you not think of me to help you out. Fuck, I’ve only been going to school forever for this shit. (not that you need a damn school to teach you how to run a 220 line cuz it’s super simple)

well…I didn’t realise that’s what you were going to school for.

Oh, and the fact that you’ve been going to school for what…9 years now and still no degree? :mamoru:

If no one else can do it for you, I can. I can also get you any material that you need for cheap.

Pm me I’ll do it

LOL I need to install 25 220 lines in the next few months.Do I get the same courtesy?:slight_smile: