Any licensed electricians on here?

We are remodeling our house to fit a hot tub and a few other things. This requires us to put in a new breaker box. Anybody on here have experience in electrical work?

I am not licensed, but I can hook you up on this.

Are you putting in a sub panel or a whole new service?

I believe Angry Hero is a licensed electrician. Shoot him a PM

My roommate is skeptical of having a non licensed person do it, ie. warrenty and quality. Nothing against you or your work, but we could get screwed in the end if something goes wrong.

We are putting in a sub panel and a few new lines. We need to run a 220 line for the hot tub, but we arent sure if the power coming from the street is setup for 220.

all power is 220 at the street… the way its setup in your box determines the line to your recepticle

There is not much of a warranty on resi work… except that if a breaker goes bad it will be replaced for x amount of time. I can warranty that as well. A sub panel is a pretty easy thing, I installed one for shifty and it took me about 5 hours to get all of his wiring worked out and updated as well as installing a new panel, and a 240V dryer.

The amperage is where you need to be most concerned.

i can do it. pm me and we can work something out. where are you located? this will determine if you need a license

Aren’t you the one bitching about the roomate that doesn’t do shit??? hmm…

He doesnt do shit as in buying groceries and cleaning. He does deconstruction, but most of the time doesnt clean up after himself. Thats beside the point, I’ve tackled that problem already.

I can hook you up with someone. Got to get his number from my co-worker, I’ll send it to via PM when I get it. This guy does most of our sub-contractor electrical work. Rate is pretty fair too.

woke em up with your dick in his pooper didnt ya :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to disregard that comment just for the fact that your JEG. Thanks for the input I guess?

Excellent work! :tup:

I can’t help but laugh at people that think just because someone is “licensed”, or “certified” they will do quality work. I could point you to some great electricians, but they are not licensed in every town.

my dad knows a guy, he ran the 220 line for my parents hot tub, changed from fuses to breakers (or something?) ect…

pm me if you want his number, dude has been doing it for 20+ years. has a day job but does stuff at night for cheap. his name is “goose” heh

Bump. So i want to install a sub panel. Went to Home Depot got #6 3 wire w/ground to go from my unused 50amp 220 circuit breaker(was for an electric dryer) I was going to feed my subpanel this way.

the reason for my subpanel is for my attached garage, I’m going to be running a 80gallon air compressor. Maybe a welder, some possible other electric tools and obviously lighting.

the garage already has a few outlets and a couple lights, so it has power off our main breaker. But I now feel like it would be cheaper if I don’t run a subpanel and just use the unused 50amp breaker to power my air compressor. Maybe get a disconnect for it in case I need to turn off the air compressor in an emergency?

after buying a bunch of stuff to run the subpanel and feeling like I forget a few small misc items I ended up spending $220, which isn’t a lot but I feel like I could do it cheaper, since my garage has outlets and lighting, maybe I should just run 220v to the garage from the breaker for the electric dryer.

any thoughts?

air compressor rated at 15amps so I was gong to use 12g 3 wire w/ground.
@tpgsr @AngryHero

sorry guys just wanted to get some input if you guys are experienced in this.

If you plan on running the compressor and a welder in the garage run the sub panel. It will be easier in the long run to have the disconnect means and only one run back to the panel. I assume that you bought copper Rome and that was why so expensive. You could have used aluminum ser to save $.

Run the new line to the garage off the unused electric dryer 50A breaker and then wire into the subpanel in the garage for your needs. How are you going to run the new wire to the garage? Encased in underground conduit is the correct way. I think that’s what you were describing, but not positive.

I it is an attached garage. No underground or conduit necessary.

Yeah it’s copper, the garage is attached to the house.

i don’t think I would be running the air compressor and a welder at the same time. I don’t even own the welder yet but figured maybe I’d get a 220v welder.

Garage is attached so I don’t need to use outdoor conduit or seal tight.

i figure from a safety stand point I could just use a safety disconnect for the air compressor? Even one thats fused ?