Looking for some electrical work

Looking for someone to do some electrical work for me. Basically I need all the wiring done for a 220v hot tub ie gfci breaker running the wires etc etc. let me know if you or someone you know can do this for me. i got a couple quotes of around 850 so ideally i’d be looking to spend less than that but know it’s not a cheap job. thanks.

I can do it for cheap…

as long as it is not subject to pulling permits.

Things I would need to know:
How far is the hot tub from the house?
What brand of panel do you have and is there space in it for a 2 pole breaker?
Is the basement where the wires have to run finished?
Is the outdoor run clear (IE no driveways sidewalks or trees in between the house and tub)
There is more but this would all help.

pm’d

everything is subject to pulling permits if you want it legal… :stuck_out_tongue:
Do it yourself if you can read a how to guide. town inspectors are pretty good folk and can tell you how to do things as well.
Saves you labor costs.
But if you’re lazy and tpgsr is cheap… Go for it :slight_smile:
Be careful about doing that without a permit though. Since it’s visible outside if you have a nosy neighbor or anal inspector you’ll probably get questioned/fined and need it inspected (which means you have to tear apart/dig up anything covering the wire.
This I know, first hand.

Why won’t you do it if you need a permit tpgsr?
Just have rob say the homeowner is doing the install on the application, then you come and do it, and done.

In the city of buffalo you can not as a homeowner get a permit for any new electrical. Any electrical permits need to be pulled by a licensed master electrician. I do have a license that I can work off of, but for a job this size it becomes quite cost prohibitive. I have to pay a small fee on top of the permit fee for my access to this.

Love the city of buffalo.

That sucks nuts.
Is that just in the city or are there suburbs with that rule too?

Every jurisdiction has it’s own rules. The city of buffalo and north tonawanda are the strictest afaik

I do agree with it to an extent though. I know plenty of people that I would not trust their work, and if they live 3 houses down, mine is sure to burn too. Most cities are this way due to the proximity of buildings.

so i’m assuming you’re saying you’re out then tpgsr?

Most burbs and towns require inspections by an outside private entity (eg.: Commonwealth Inspection). Some have their own (like Hamburg just switched back).

I know lots of people that do side work. They don’t do shit half assed either so you don’t have to worry about your house burning down. PM me your contact info and I’ll talk to them tomorrow. Or my company can do it if you’d rather go that route.

I’d love the side work but don’t have the time unfortunately. Work, school, and baby owns me.

I am not saying that I am out… I am just saying that if you are doing this properly and pulling permits then I will end up being more expensive. I can however get you any materials cheap. If you are not pulling permits then I can do it no problem.