Enzo totalled on PCH this morning

only injury: bloody lip You can see the newscast vid on ktla.com

A quick-fingered reader sent us this post from his LA outpost:

[Malibu,CA], 6:08am, A high end ferrari is strunned [strewn?] accross [sic] Pacific Coast Highway near Dekkar Canyon. The engine is a few hunderd [sic] yards away from what’s left of the body. They estimate they were doing 200mph before they took out the telephone pole. It’s on KTLA Chanel 11. Two guys survived with no injuries. It looks like they were just getting back from a night out

“I was on my way to work today when I came across the following scene. As I got near PCH and Decker Canyon I saw helicopters starting to gather and right then I knew something was wrong. Apparently this guy was clocked at 150mph as he passed the Starbucks and lost control as he crested the hill. All I can say is that he and his passenger were lucky that mid-engine cars tend to spin when they lose control.”

pic source

The news cast says that both dudes in the car ran up the hill and pretended neither one of them were driving :eek4: heehee

:eek2:

wow

im alright guys. its ok.

ill bet that was reported stolen at some time last night

neat,a rebuildable

haha, parts strewn all over the road. that sux for trhe guy that owns it

wow the motor is laying on the road lol

Nice captain obvious :ugh2:

what’s an enzo?

1,000,000 american dollars in stock trim.

This one is worth about 2 american dollars now.

I woulda thrown that thing in the back of my pickup while the cops were busy w/ the driver/passenger and SPLIT!

-TJ

wholly old post batman, thats last year news. it was 80mph

Yea right, there was a wreaked on that went for $200,000 and it was in about the same shape. That engine is worth $100,000+ on its own.

WOW…

:rofl:
both men ran back up the hill saying niether was driving
:rofl:

oh REALLY

HELLO…HAPPENED THIS MORNING :madfawk: :madfawk:

Feb 21, 2006 3:38 pm US/Pacific

Speeding Ferrari Sheared In Half After PCH Crash
Save It Email It Print It
(CBS) MALIBU, Calif. A Ferrari that crashed Tuesday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu and nearly split in half is suspected of racing, authorities said.

One person was treated at the scene for a minor injury just after 6:15 a.m., where the Ferrari hit an electrical pole and was sheared in half, with the front section separated from the rest of the vehicle.

Stefan Erikssen, 44, of Los Angeles, and a Swedish national, told authorities he was the owner of the destroyed Ferrari Enzo. Erikssen, whose blood-alcohol level was .09, claims he was the passenger at the time of the crash, and that the driver ran off after the crash, Sheriff’s Sgt. Philip Brooks said.

Erikssen told police that a German named Dietrich was driving the car. Police say the Ferrari may have been involved in a race with a Mercedes.

The Ferrari was driving in excess of 120 mph when the accident happened. It skidded up the side of the hill and most likely went airborne, Brooks said. The race was allegedly staged following a late-night party in Beverly Hills.

Detectives are investigating whether Erikssen was actually the driver, but no one has been arrested yet.

“The fact (is) that the ‘passenger’ is the registered owner of the vehicle, from the Beverly Hills/Bel Air area; the ‘passenger’ had blood on his mouth; and both airbags on the car deployed, but only the driver’s side airbag had blood on it, not the passenger side,” Brooks said.

The Ferrari Enzo is a limited-edition vehicle worth between $600,000 and $1 million. It has 650 horsepower and a published top speed of 225 mph.

:rofl: I cant keep track of all the morons spliting thier enzos in half :rofl:

video on right

:bowrofl: idiots w/ too much $ for their own good :hsdance:

More info on owner of Enzo:

Stefan Eriksson – the former Gizmondo executive who stepped down amidst allegations of his involvement in the Uppsala Mafia Swedish organized crime ring, and who perhaps most embodied the internal corruption of Tiger Telematics – no longer has his 2003 Ferrari Enzo, of which 399 were made, and each cost a million dollars. You see, apparently while racing a Mercedes SLR the car careened off an embankment and hit a poll at about 125MPH, which literally split the thing in two right down the center (don’t worry, he lived to see this post). Without giggling too much longer at the unbelievable irony of this incident, it’s worth noting that some more deets have surfaced about just how how much money Gizmondo hemorrhaged last year before filing for bankruptcy: between January and September of 2005 Tiger Telematics lost £140m (about $244 million), up another 33m from the $210 in the hole they were when we reported on their operating losses last year. So without getting too schadenfreude up in this piece, let’s just say this post goes out to all the disenfranchised Gizmondo owners and former employees of Tiger Telematics, and we’ll leave it at that