EPA Documents Reveal 2013 Ninja 300, 400R, Confirms 636cc Ninja ZX-6R

Kawi is clearly doing this to troll the CBR 250.

A spreadsheet from the United States Environmental Protection Agency listing 2013 motorcycle certification data includes information about new an all-new Kawasaki Ninja 300 and the Ninja 400R, while also confirming reports the new ZX-6R will return to a 636cc engine displacement.

Appearing on the EPA’s spreadsheet doesn’t necessarily mean these models will be introduced to the U.S. market however. The Kawasaki Ninja 400R was included in a similar document for 2012 but was never introduced. The 2013 document does not include a Ninja 250 (pictured above) which was recently updated for other markets, so it is likely to be replaced by the new Ninja 300.

According to the EPA document, the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 will be powered by a fuel-injected 296cc four-valve twin-cylinder engine. Power is listed at 29 kW (which translates to 39hp) at 11,000 rpm.The documents lists both an ABS and a non-ABS version.

The document doesn’t describe the styling, but it’s likely the Ninja 300 will resemble the recently re-designed 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250.

The Ninja 400R however may not be likely to hit the market. As mentioned, the 400R was listed in the 2012 documents but to this date has only been available in Japan and Canada. The 400R is more or less a smaller-displacement version of the pre-2012 Ninja 650. The fuel-injected 399cc Twin is listed as producing 43 hp at 9500 rpm. It seems unlikely however Kawasaki will bring both a 300 and a 400 to the U.S. at the same time.

The EPA spreadsheet lists the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R as having a 636cc four-cylinder engine, confirming previous reports of a return to the larger displacement. The documents do not include a smaller version to meet racing homologation rules so a 599cc ZX-6RR may not be coming.

We’ve contacted Kawasaki for a comment. We will update this post when we receive a response.

[Source: EPA]

source: motorcycle.com

Kawi is clearly doing this to troll the CBR 250.

A spreadsheet from the United States Environmental Protection Agency listing 2013 motorcycle certification data includes information about new an all-new Kawasaki Ninja 300 and the Ninja 400R, while also confirming reports the new ZX-6R will return to a 636cc engine displacement.

Appearing on the EPA’s spreadsheet doesn’t necessarily mean these models will be introduced to the U.S. market however. The Kawasaki Ninja 400R was included in a similar document for 2012 but was never introduced. The 2013 document does not include a Ninja 250 (pictured above) which was recently updated for other markets, so it is likely to be replaced by the new Ninja 300.

According to the EPA document, the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 will be powered by a fuel-injected 296cc four-valve twin-cylinder engine. Power is listed at 29 kW (which translates to 39hp) at 11,000 rpm.The documents lists both an ABS and a non-ABS version.

The document doesn’t describe the styling, but it’s likely the Ninja 300 will resemble the recently re-designed 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250.

The Ninja 400R however may not be likely to hit the market. As mentioned, the 400R was listed in the 2012 documents but to this date has only been available in Japan and Canada. The 400R is more or less a smaller-displacement version of the pre-2012 Ninja 650. The fuel-injected 399cc Twin is listed as producing 43 hp at 9500 rpm. It seems unlikely however Kawasaki will bring both a 300 and a 400 to the U.S. at the same time.

The EPA spreadsheet lists the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R as having a 636cc four-cylinder engine, confirming previous reports of a return to the larger displacement. The documents do not include a smaller version to meet racing homologation rules so a 599cc ZX-6RR may not be coming.

We’ve contacted Kawasaki for a comment. We will update this post when we receive a response.

[Source: EPA]

source: motorcycle.com

The documents do not include a smaller version to meet racing homologation rules so a 599cc ZX-6RR may not be coming.

that’s weird. so how is the zx-6r going to meet homologation for american supersport racing?

rocket, were the old 636’s allowed to compete in club racing superstock/supersport classes?

For LRRS club racing, I think so. Probably allowed for other CCS sanctioned series.

Middle Weight Supersport: 4 cyl up to 640cc
Middle Weight Superbike: 4 cyl up to 660cc

Looks like Kawi’s sale tactics is to one up eveyone on displacement to boost sales.

reminds me of the muscle car era

so are they replacing the ninja 250 with the ninja 300, or are they selling both models separately? i didn’t understand that part.

No, pictures of the new ninja 250 look pretty sick and dropped a while ago

^^ wow that’s really sharp! thanks for posting the pics

:beer It’s what I’m here for… The only other guy who is as bike crazy as Rocket. Always keeping an eye out for bike news :lmao

Yeah, does look very sharp. With that look and a 300cc engine and if they price it smart, I don’t see anyone buying the cbr250 over the Ninja. That is if you can see pass the fact that spending $4500 for a new 250 is crazy to begin with.

The plastics have been made more like a 600 so you can swap out parts maybe there will even be track plastics for these.

They are doing a launch event in Time Square Sept 13. You guys can go check it out.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=49498

Not unless they are giving me something for dragging my ass out there lol.

I’m going to assume the 250 will be phased out with the 300cc fuel injection and maybe just use the same styling cues as the new redesign.

I’d definitely like to give the new 636 a test run once it hits the market.

It has a freaking slipper clutch! WHY!?? :rofl:rofl

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0itPY0Uqs[/ame]

It’s been confirmed the FI Ninja 300 will be coming to the US, and will have the same styling as the new Ninja 250R

It’s a damn shame the new Z800 ain’t coming to the US … that thing is sexy!

Z800 looks pretty cool, but really all too busy around the motor. And that pillion seat looks painful. What are those triangle things on the ninja 300 mounted next to the mirrors? Front license plate mounts?

Yeah, I think in Thailand or India or Malaysia you need to have front plates.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be-X1Nk6qeM[/ame]