Evo Guys: Wheel finish wearing off? Pics...

Washing the car today and got to the rims and noticed that the finish on the inside of the wheels is completly gone :confused: I am assuming it is from the snow/salt wearing away the paint on the inside of the wheels. :smash2:

Not sure exactly if it was caused by the fronts or the rears, cause I rotated the wheels about 2 weeks agoā€¦But it is on only 2 of the wheels right now that are on the rear.

Bought my car on 9-7-05 and its got about 10K on it right now :eek:
I could see if the wheels were old, but after 3 months I am pretty pissed about it.

I took a wheel off to take some pics of the problem: You can see it from the outside/face of the wheel, looks bad.

Anyone else experience this? and what you did about it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/jeller/Wheels0003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/jeller/Wheels0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/jeller/Wheels0001.jpg

This has been a problem now with Mitsubishi wheels for about 15 years. This may be covered under your warranty, where did you buy the car? If it was Dan Georger good luck. Just whatever you do do not get upset with them as they tend to get attitudes and then they dont want to help, if they give you a hassle go above them.

So I should be expecting a new pair of rims every spring from mitsu :lol:

Got the car at Fucillo in Watertown so I will have to go somewhere else? should I go to Georger or Laks then, any reccomendations?
This will be a warranty issue, but my other concern is that it will just probably happen againā€¦should I wait till spring? Looked at my warranty book and ā€œNew Vehicle Limited Coverageā€ is 5 years 60K.

Looks as if the face of the wheel is painted decent and cleared, but the inside looks like a very, very thin coat of paint with no clear :shrug:

Jeller

happens alot with alloy wheels on mitsu. i dunno y. if i was u for winter i would get a set of cheap rims.that way u dont have to pay to swap ur snows over every year. they should warranty it.

Well the stockers will be the winters, I will buy some new summer wheels/tires next year, but I still think its :gay2: that they are only 3 monts old and look this way and we are not even half way through one winter. I am just not happy about it :rant:

Well honestly, I have not had any experience with Laks, but i would try them as Georger seems to try to get out any and all warranty work. Totally understandable about the problem, I would call customer service the minute they give you shit. Dont get angry at them.

yep that happened on mineā€¦ youā€™ll get really pissed when the brembos start peeling/wearing

i havent had anything wrong with mine at allā€¦ probably because the car has never seen a winter :gotme:

Grrreeeeaaaaat, I am looking forward to that too :banghead:

lol it has nothing to do with the seasons, my old car never saw a winter

go look at how red your brembos areā€¦ then come back

yeah my evoā€™s rims are doing the same thing :frowning:

i would have thought that the mrā€™s rims would hold up differently, but i just looked and i have the same thing happening.

Just get everything powder coated and be done with it. Swain is in Scottsville just outside of Rochester. (Take the first 490 exit).

fuck you assbag.

look at em everyday baby

Same thing is happening to my wheels.

I am just going to get them powdercoated in the springā€¦

The Calpiers are powdercoated so they should be a little tougher than the wheel finish

Thinking that may be the better optionā€¦ maybe grab some new ones form Mitsu to have powdercoated first :wink: :tup: