custom painted rims motegi 16'

so while i was at ecc south last year for autobody i figured i would take my old rims and sand them down and repaint them after how shitty they were starting to look. i ended up leaving the tires on but breaking the bead down. this was because i didnt want to pay to have them taken off the rim and the tire machine that the autobody program had and the tech at the time were both the metal heads on the tire machine. this would have possibly ripped the bead on the tire. instead i bagged the tire and put paper around it and sprayed regular auto paint that me and my teach mixed up. it turned out being the exact color i wanted in which by accedent ended up matching my grill. this color is a silvery-gray with metal flake. let me no what you guys think. only down side is they are 16" rims :gotme:

4X4 much?

what car is this on?

i wish i did, but its a malibu. it would fall apart. lol wasnt my first choice of car but i was in a bind with money at that time:hang:

[quote=“yeamabu”"]

so while i was at ecc south last year for autobody i figured i would take my old rims and sand them down and repaint them after how shitty they were starting to look. i ended up leaving the tires on but breaking the bead down. this was because i didnt want to pay to have them taken off the rim and the tire machine that the autobody program had and the tech at the time were both the metal heads on the tire machine. this would have possibly ripped the bead on the tire. instead i bagged the tire and put paper around it and sprayed regular auto paint that me and my teach mixed up. it turned out being the exact color i wanted in which by accedent ended up matching my grill. this color is a silvery-gray with metal flake. let me no what you guys think. only down side is they are 16" rims :gotme:

[/quote]

you sure thats the ONLY downside?

well the school was a downside, but only paying $140 for all 4 rims isnt bad

wheel gap :tup:

the rims look like that is how you got them have any b4/after pic would help a lot more

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:2,topic:38669"”]

4X4 much?

what car is this on?

[/quote]

[quote=“yeamabu,post:3,topic:38669"”]

i wish i did, but its a malibu. it would fall apart.

[/quote]

:picard:

my old car with the rims before they were painted. i ended up totalling this car pretty much 3 months after i painted it at school heres the car in the booth too! also as seen, i shaved the door molding on the maxima. it was an 89 with only about 130,000k

they did come out good, however they do look small, and the wheelgap kills it worse, and its a malibu lol.

lol yeah i no but i could say the same about the ford focus. its a focus. its american made. im not a big american made car person. trucks sure but i like nissans and toyota/lexus

^ i hated my car too, thats why i have changed nearly everything i can get my hands on with it.

lol yeah i was upset when my other car hit the shit and i didnt have any money. nice thing i got this car which was in perfect shape. 99 malibu with only 35,500k miles. for only $6000 v6 3.1lter. i am mainly into my music, so i dropped all my money into that…$1300 later. lol and thats everything. not like just sub and amp. lol pioneer head unit with a pioneer ipod adapter where it sits in my glove box and i control it on my head unit. 4x6 and 6x9 polk audio speakers, kenwood amp to all 4 speakers, 1200watt mono planet audio amp, old school rockford 12" 800watt dual voice, ported box perfect for the sub. sounds lovely. lol

turned out good :tup:

I’ve been meaning to do this with my stock wheels on the GTO (all fucked up from curb rash, ect)

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:13,topic:38669"”]

turned out good :tup:

I’ve been meaning to do this with my stock wheels on the GTO (all fucked up from curb rash, ect)

[/quote]

too much sideways action? :wink:

[quote=“yeamabu,post:12,topic:38669"”]

lol yeah i was upset when my other car hit the shit and i didnt have any money. nice thing i got this car which was in perfect shape. 99 malibu with only 35,500k miles. for only $6000 v6 3.1lter. i am mainly into my music, so i dropped all my money into that…$1300 later. lol and thats everything. not like just sub and amp. lol pioneer head unit with a pioneer ipod adapter where it sits in my glove box and i control it on my head unit. 4x6 and 6x9 polk audio speakers, kenwood amp to all 4 speakers, 1200watt mono planet audio amp, old school rockford 12" 800watt dual voice, ported box perfect for the sub. sounds lovely. lol

[/quote]

posting a grocery list for thieves on the internets isnt the smartest thing in the world… just sayin.

[quote=“Skurge,post:14,topic:38669"”]

too much sideways action? :wink:

[/quote]

it’s too slow to go sideways :frowning: :shrug:

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Supraman,post:15,topic:38669"”]

posting a grocery list for thieves on the internets isnt the smartest thing in the world… just sayin.

[/quote]

+11

why the hell are people complaining about wheel gap, driving around WNY with a lowered car has to be a huge discomfort and pain in the ass with our shitty roads

they would look nicer on an older 90s celica being a smaller car. i want a 280 Datsun white, wonder how that would look. or i would love to have it on a rally car with thicker dirt tires. might be nice

[quote=“yeamabu,post:3,topic:38669"”]

i wish i did, but its a malibu. it would fall apart. lol wasnt my first choice of car but i was in a bind with money at that time:hang:

[/quote]

for a second i thought the pic was of a small pickuptruck…