Evo Vs Sti on slipping clutch

Hey I’m new to the forum although i’ve been reading for quite a while. I have a video of this race and want to post a link of it but am not sure if i am allowed to in this thread. if not, where can i post it?

i shifted ONCE… he shifted like 3 times… i dont understand how thats possible…ESPECIALLY with the sti’s short gearing. im waiting to see the video posted on youtube/streetfire. andy, you were right about him tryin to jump on the 2nd beep too. the evo isnt slow by any means, but i think with a stronger clutch and a 3" catback for me, it would have been really disappointing for him.

post it up RIIIIGHT HERE

post it up.

indeed do post it up…

video…sorry its dark… http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Bolt-Ons-Evo-vs-Built-STI_157304.htm

no this one is the only run travis would do. we ran one other time but i think the might have missed a gear, or clutch slipped. either way it wasn’t worth keeping so i deleted it.

And it was clear in the video that Travis won, until his clutch slipped

150mph at the top of 5th for me was more than enough… i went to 7k in 5th and hit the brakes (148mph or so)… thats when you see the evo go by me.

good race, we should run again sometime.

i will go again, but i see no need to go into 6th… by 150mph its more aerodynamics than power anyways… and we all know the sti had the aero of a flying brick.

i smell a 3 lane K20 w/ N2o vs STI vs Evo :banana :sleep ;D

after exhaust/clutch/other goodies :nod

Nah like in 2 weeks, or if your clutch really can’t handle the top end…ride with me, tape the race and i’ll run the red evo :mwahaha

yeah… 1st “attempted” run last night i matted the gas in 4th and the clutch just laughed at me and let loose… the run u see on video it was straining and slipping slightly still but held up enough for the win… id ride with ya and film no doubt.

Your car isn’t stock block or turbo??

hahaha NO.

looks like that red evo holds its own. i thought you guys were gonna smoke him :crackup

swifty, my clutch slips about as much as ur front tires do on a 2nd gear WOT pull. :headbang

indeed it does