F/S 99 VW beetle

First off it is not my car, I came across a guy looking to get rid of it. He is looking for $500 bucks. The car is auto, white, sunroof, 106k i think. He said it has sat for about 6 months. The tires are all flat but just need air, tires are in ok shape, has nice 5 spoke wheels. He told me it only has a spare straight cut key, so no fob, and it wont start, so the batt is prolly shot and might need the ECU/ECM reset or something. All in all its worth 500 bucks to a VW guy.

The guys name is Tony his number is 518-894-0999, car is in schenectady near the high school.

is there paperwork?

i would think so, they just wanna get it outta the driveway. give him a call paul.

Not a bad deal but i am assumeing it has the 2.0 in it which is NOTORIOUS for burning oil. also a pain in the ball to work on due to the size of the engine compartment.

you are correct 2.0 auto.

I mean its a good motor but VW decide to put the #3 Piston rings upside down so it burns a retarded amount of oil.

yeah that doesnt sound very good…

i should have snapped a pic of the car when i was there…oh well. worth it just for parts and scrap.

I really dont want it. It just seems like it might have been stolen or something considering the key issue.

No, i wouldnt even have said anything on here if it was sketchy.

and I heard the car was sold anyway

I’ll take the dumper for free, if he pays my transportation costs