f4i project start to finish

well, i started to tear apart the f4i over the winter. i wanted to replace the upper fairing, repaint, new tires, and replace misc. parts that needed it.

missing a few piecs

pieces everywhere

hole in the gas tank

new air covers ready for paint

upper fairn repair after i got screwed on one i bought on ebay(never sent)
its comin out ok

it was sprayed in my garage and of course problems occured. my girlfriend is awesome and wanted to help me mask the stripes off and help out. so i let her, i shouldve let her mask off the whole damn thing. i dunno what i did but after we sprayed the red and masked those areas off, the black went past the tape on all the parts that i masked. hers came out perfect…doh! that was problem one, the second problem was when we went to spray the clear, my buddy’s gun started leakin out of the seal on the side, so some parts have big dots of clear just chillin on them. that can be fixed with a lil sandin and buffin tho. i think he also may have added a tad too much red pearl to the 1st layer of clear, cuz some of the black parts now look almost dark red when the sun hits them. all in all, for the amount of money i spent on the paint job(like $10) it came out alright. now its on to the pics.

i used these guys to fix the hole in my tank, seems like this stuff works really really well!

heres a few pics of the spots i had to fix on the upper fairing…didnt come out perfect but a lot better than what they were. both mirror “ears” were broken off

A guardian bell my dad got for me

and for those of you that dont know what one is:
“The Guardian Bell Legend goes that a small bell attached to your motorcycle, close to the ground, catches the Evil Road Spirits. The little Gremlins that find your motorcycle try to cause all kinds of problems for you. The cavity of the bell attracts these Evil Spirits and the constant ringing drives them insane and they lose their grip and fall to the ground creating pot holes wherever they land. The legend further goes that one should not purchase a Guardian Bell for ones own Motorcycle as this renders the Bell ineffective. Instead, you should give a Guardian Bell to your biker buddy to protect them.”

and now for a few pics of the painted pieces

you can really see how much pearl my buddy used in these pics…i think it may be a tad too much but im not gonna bitch when the whole paintjob cost me like $10. you can also kinda see in the pic what i mean about the black bleedin thru to the red

the tank(i forgot to get a pic of where i fixed the hole)

and the upper fairing fixed!

ok finally got it cut and buffed and striped. the pearl isnt nearly as bad as i thought at first. it feels good to actually ride it again. so, heres the pics

the only thing i wasnt able to complete in this project was repalce the cct with a manual adjust one. the bolts holdin the stock one in were stripped terribly so the stock one is still in there makin all kinds of noise…boo

damn. that bike looks great!!
good job

great job, how much you have wrapped up in that if you dont mind me asking?

looks awesome

Looks great man. Big thumbs up for doing it all yourself.

awesome

That is a sweet looking bike, good work.

Do you still have your Baratta?

Looks really good. :bigok: for the work.

thanks for all the replies. including all the new parts and paint i have about right around $500 give or take into it this year. would have been more but i never got my new upper fairing shipped to me, but at least i got my money back.

and the beretta, are we talkin about the gtz that i was parting out a while back?

Yeah I guess that would be it. You got anything left from it?

Nice work, looks good!

Nice job. How much to make my F4i bling bling?

haha, you have to ask my buddy about the bling bling.

and from the gtz,nothing left. that was the worst deal i ever got into. i took the car to settle a debt, and it thru a piston on the way home. oy! but yeah, nothin left, its in a junkyard somewhere riddled with bullet holes

that is beautiful.

thankeee!

looks really good