Fantasy Baseball anyone?

[Yea i know everyone hates baseball stfu]

I haven’t been apart of any fantasy leagues since high school but im kind of interested in getting involved again. Since i missed the hockey ones, I figured i would see if anyone is doing baseball.

I’ve been browsing Yahoo and ESPN to see what both are about, not sure if i want to create a league since i’ve been out of it for 4 years…

Anyone else going to be doing this? LMK, we can get a league going…

crap im already in 2 keeper leagues

Through what site?

Im browsin all the different sites and im thinking of creating a league, i’ve already had a couple PM’s with interest :tup:

PM if you want to get in a league, ill probably make one this weekend

Have a few people interested so far…

I’m in a dynasty league and a 4 player keeper league. We use Yahoo for the keeper and cbssportsline for the dynasty.

Depending on the number of people and what type of league I might be down for another.

I would like to do it as well but have never really been able to grasp the concept of the trading and stuff like that.
D

Fantasy sports have to be the gayest fuckin thing on the globe. Even the name is wack. If you were a real fan, you’d pick one team and stick with them through thick and thin.

“Fantasy sports is Dungeons and Dragons for people that used to beat up people that played Dungeons and Dragons”

:picard:

Fantasy sports has nothing to do with team dedication and everything to do with being a fan of the sport. But having some retard that walks around and says “Ya man, I’m a die hard Yankees fan” yet knows nothing about baseball is much better.

If you knew what you were commenting on, you wouldn’t look like an idiot.

Thanks for your worthless input

Well im in an ESPN league, pretty basic, but my question is what does everyone want to do as far as rules go. I have about 5 people deff doing this so far, and half are noobs and half are experienced. What type of league should be made?

That just proves my point that you’re not a fan of the game, you’re just a stat monger. When you watch a game you’re supposed to be watching your team, not worrying about one single guy because he’s in your final fantasy party.

That doesn’t prove your point at all. It proves that you are a fan of a team and not the sport.

You have to be aware of all aspects of baseball, not just stats. Even if you don’t do fantasy baseball, this is only my second year doing it btw, a real fan looks at stats anyway. You want to know how certain players are doing or whose getting traded, what the latest outlooks and projections are, or what prospects are tearing up in the minors.

Go back to wearing your jersey and saying you know something about the sport.

EDIT: There are people that are just numbers people but those are serious leagues for a lot of money. If you are in a league with a bunch of friends who are playing for fun it’s not just a numbers thing.

Knowing stats doesn’t make you a fan. The only things you need to know to be a fan are the rules, how many games they’ve won/lost and who the players are. The rest is standing by them through thick and thin and you sure as hell don’t root for a player on another team. Just because you like role-playing doesn’t mean you can change the definition of the word ‘fan.’

Replied to a couple more PM’s, have about 6 people so far. Once i have a few more lined up, i can start a league.

GTFO of this thread if you have nothing to contribute

I’m in depending on how you set things up…are you doing a live on-line draft??? How are you keeping stats??? Most leagues that I have been in, stats are broken up into categories Hits, HR, RBI, BA, SB, W, SV, SO, ERA, WHIP. If you have 10 teams whoever finishes first in a category gets 10 points last gets 1.

Well if you want to help me set this up, i want to make it fair and set it up the best way possible. Im just getting back into the swing of this anyways…

Yahoo?
ESPN?

OG’s can tell me what to do here im lookin for pointers…

When I was in my keeper league we used a pay site called tqstats…I’ve heard good things about both yahoo and espn…i’ll look over both sites and let you know which one I would choose.