fbod in snow?

I drove my 88 IROC in the snow because it was my only car other than my 69 Camaro. And there was no way in hell I was going to drive my 69 in the snow. :slight_smile:

Some fucking dumbass in a camaro was stuck in the middle of McKinley Rd. yesterday.

RWD in 3ft. of snow=dumbass.

I drove a rwd volvo through 1 winter and it was ok, starting off was tougher than FWD, but it wasn’t horrible.

I can say that FWD > RWD in the snow

itll be fine with good tires…the majority of benzs, bmws, lexus etc are all rwd and prob have more power than your car…i had big snows on the Z last year and as long as i didnt intentionally do anythign stupid…its fine

I used to have an 89 and a 95 z28…both great as snow plows with the fronts shaped the way they are. drove the 89 in the snow for about 2 years and the 95 for about 3 years.
used to have snows and weight…not really THAT much help.

driving in its not bad…its taking off at a light, and having it turn red all over again before your threw the intersection lol. but once your moving, its fine!

back in the old days, almost all cars were rwd.

Mine went through 4 winters (on snow tires). it was ok, sometimes tuff to get going, but at least predictable. Once I installed the t2r diff, snow was completely out of the question… car would never get moving.

Good set of snows and it will be a lot of fun on snowy days.

Just don’t do something stupid like running summer tires. Wide soft compound summer tires + cold and snow = no traction AT ALL.

I drove a firebird for 3 winters and my camaro for 1 more. I drove 20 miles in a snow storm to Mikes dyno, laid down 571rw-tq and drove home in the middle of january. Man up and DO IT :tspry:

Not to sack ride, but that probably belongs in the all that is man thread. :tup:

ya its not getting drivin in the snow. and its prepped for primer so technically im restoreing a car that was once drivin in winter

technically its a POS so you have no room to talk.

sew a penis on your vagina and drive the friggin car…JESUS GOD you people have no minds of your own.

You’re going to die! There’s no way you can drive RWD in the snow! There’s something magical about FWD that makes it better, not just throttle understeer instead of throttle oversteer.

Oh wait, that’s really about it. Snows, a little extra weight, and some sense and you’ll be fine.

it didnt work for me

decided against driving the car… dont want to destroy it cause i drive like a retard … so its back in the garage… looking for something awd for winter/ daily driver

i have an 89 caprice, and so far, it has been pretty good to me, got me home in that crazy snow storm yesterday. only got suck once, trying to avoid an abondoned car on clark st. not quiet in the same catagory as a f-body, but is rear wheel drive with a 305. only complaint is its a shady vehicle and i get pulled over and harrassed frequently.

I’ve been driving a '97 Ram in the snow with bald rear tires, hardly ever lock it in and have no weight in the back. Don’t be stupid and you won’t have a problem. My old '83 Z28 didn’t like the snow though, but that wasn’t because it was RWD. POS 305. :lol:

is this paul