FCC wants all television guided by Congress

FCC basically wants to rule the media world. Now they are saying it can be done without violating our constitutional rights. OF COURSE, YOU’RE A FUCKING FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY! Bend the rules much?!

http://postgazette.com/pg/07117/781488-237.stm

Link to FCC Report:

fn Bullshit

Has anyone tried turning it OFF?

It’s called parenting, folks, and it’s something you’re supposed to do with your kids instead of letting the media raise them.

its a loss cause.

i got into a arguement a while back with someone on here about TV censorship.

i forget the exact words but he was complaining about stuff on TV & protecting children

& i brought up the fact his cable box/dish reciever has built in parental lockout & if he didn’t know that…thats a BIG part of the problem.

I love it when the government tries to protect me from myself.

Censorship laws are the reason we have the filth on TV that we have now. Everyone tries to push the envelope as much as possible while staying “within the rules.” It works great for developing new technology in racing, but seems to really backfire when it comes to appropriate material on TV.

If they would just go ahead and show nudity on MTV like they want to, a lot of parents would block it or cancel it, so kids wouldn’t have their minds polluted at such an early age. But we just continue to tolerate it because it’s not quite bad enough to cancel cable.

I think better than any censorship, would be to mandate that cable/satellite companies let you choose channels “a la carte” instead of these gay ass packages. I literally want about 10 channels. Maybe it would be a savings, maybe it wouldn’t, either way, I don’t want that other shit being piped into my house.

The packages of yesteryear are sorely outdated:
-Basic (beats using bunny ears)
-standard (normal amount of shit to watch)
-premium (standard + 50 channels, 3 of which are actually any good)
-sports (3000 sports channels, only 5 ever have anything good)
-ultra (5000 extra channels, but you still only watch 10 of them because half of them only show one thing, and that thing is utterly retarded, like Garth Brooks music videos or spong-bob marathons)

If I wanted to buy something useless, then pay a little more for a whole lote more shit I didn’t need, I’d go to McDonalds and say “supersize me!”

My kids have a tv in their room and I just program it to only show a few channels. Nick, Discovery, History, and Disney are the only channels they know exist. How fucking hard is it to go into your tv menu and block out the stations that are bad for kids.

But we have ourselves to blame - we vote there retarded fuckers into office then bitch about them. I’m thinking the goverment is way out of hand and needs redone from the ground up. Revolution anyone???

Communism on the rise?

Son of a bitch, you want the parents to do something, what the fuck are you thinking???:hs:

You sir, need protecting from yourself. I say bring on the gov’t, right to your front door…

I hear the idea thrown around, with shrinking smiles and softer laughs.

the Television is not a baby sitter. Most parents can’t grasp that concept. I rather spend time outside playing or sitting and learning something with my boys than watch all the Crap thats on Nick, Nick Jr. and all the other 1000 kids channels. Sure Blues Clues and shows like that teach children stuff, but come on parents step up!

I dont watch much tv til after 9 or so, put it on late and put the kids to bed at a decent time. My parents let me watch whatever I wanted, guess what, I turned out fine… its not tv or video games!