fiero w/ 305

i’m going to sleep now, but tomorrow or saturday night, i’ll hopefully get to check out the Fiero w/ a 305 in Evans City. I assume it’ll be quick, and the guy doesn’t want a whole lot for it. Anyone who knows this car/engine have any things for me to look out for?

hope you dont need to change the plugs

its a tad faster than a v6 fiero i bet yah :rofl:
yeah there known to catch fire :doh:

i saw one with a ls1 now that was bad ass
and i saw one with a northstar cadiliac motor

Roughly, how much do Fiero’s weigh in at?

2400 2600

3.8 litre fiero

http://www.fierox.com/race6.mov :eek:

Why would somebody go to all that trouble to swap in a SBC and use a POS 305. Their small bore will always limit flow (since it requires smaller valves, and shrouds them). I’ve seen a few “hot” 305 builds in magaiznes barely eclipse 300hp.

Other than that, room to work is gonna be limited but a SBC Feiro sounds fun. I’ve seen a few Northstar Feiros (since they’re FWD originally it’s a easier swap) that haul ass.

-TJ

Fieros are undeniably and unequovically the gayest cars known to man. Sorry. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

i wouldnt piss on a fiero to put out a fire… ahhh wait, yea i would…

now that i think about, i would probably even poop on it. Twice.

I woundnt want to risk burning my ass. I like sitting, and to jeopardize that ability is a risk im not willing to take. But if the wind is right, ill let loose a stream on her.

i see your point…

i forget exactly why the fieros were known to catch fire… but anyways…
ive seen two northstar ones, one with a ls1, a couple 3800 ones, and the one that had a 455 back there (scoop was located above the roof? i forget what mag it also appeared in, i think hot rod but not sure)
none have caught fire yet, i guess theyre fine.

the 87-88 GT’s looked pretty decent. light, handled fairly well…

oh and i agree, if yer gonna drop a V8 into a fiero… WHY A 305??? ugh!

i agree that they suck… until somebody wedges a V8 in the back.

and even then they still suck. A guy I worked with had a fiero with a 305 in it and it was no faster than my pos taurus. isn’t the 305 and the 350 about the same size, why waste the time with a 305?

i was thinking if i buy this thing that the 305 would just get me around while i build a 350/383.

thats correct!!!

I know it is correct, I know everything there is to know about chebbies. :smiley:

u get a cookie

besides catching on fire, don’t those things have shit trannys also? i thought those things were really problematic, which is the main reason they were dropped from production. i may be wrong though.