Finally took some pictures of my daytona

i loved the turbo k car cop cars hehe

Haha i forgot about thoughs.I wonder if they were even a true Police package car.I will have to look into that.

Awesome car.

ive seen a few pics of k cars with cop badging but i dont know if its true.

there were quite a few k wagon turbos sold to the us govt. you can find them on ebay every once in a while. i know a few guys with them.

Brian

The last Mopar Police car i had was a 1977 B&W Plymouth Gran Fury.Man that car was sooo cool :cool:

like it.The wife’s first car after we started dating was a black turbo z daytona.I actually seen a fairlt clean one on Walden ave a while back and was going to leave a note to see if they would sell.

Is that a WNY car? Thing’s in retarded shape :tup:

i believe it was on Long Island till lasky brought it home within the past year.

Brian

wow now I just feel young, i’ve never seen one of these, pretty damn cool though

Here is the background on the car:

A good family friend, who worked as a tech for my father at Smith haven Dodge on long island, bought this new in 1984. It was his first and last new car he bought. While I was at work with my father one day, the MP computer came in for the car. He was busy working so he asked me to put it in for him. Then he told me to take it for a spin. I was only 15 and did not have a license or even a permit. I had driven a car before but this was the first time I drove one by myself. So this is the actual car that started my Turbo Mopar addiction.
He took it off the road in 1993 and it sat in his garage first and then eventually ended up outside. He always said he would leave it to me in his will. He decided two years ago to just give it to me then.
The car was always maintained very well when it was on the road. I think he changed the oil every month. Sitting for over 10 years did take its toll on it. I had to replace the fuel pump, tank, and all hoses. The calipers, brake hoses, rotors and pads were shot and I had to flush the entire brake system. The radiator sprung a leak the first time I took it out so I replaced all the hoses and radiator. The wastegate actuator was rusted shut so that need to be replaced too. It only has 53,000 and surprisingly drives like it only has 53,000 miles. It is the smoothest running turbo mopar I have ever seen.

wow thats super clean! I love 80’s cars man good find. the front end almost looks like my foxbody. Good luck with it do you have any mods lined up for it yet?

Thanks.

I am just going to keep it stock.

Man i love these cars!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/Danny_LT1/Misc%20pics/2881197_gregs_gay_pose.jpg

Just for S&G…Crufu used a 80’s unmarked K Car, years ago. I found that out the hard way.

Wow, that is so nice! I have always wanted a Daytona.

That is a pretty awesome story

lasky, you need the front lip and the side skirts for yours. :slight_smile:

Brian