First Block now Pastrana

Travis Pastrana has left his partnership with Subaru. The rally fiend joined up with the Pleiades in 2004 in supercross and freestyle motorcross before officially becoming part of Subaru Rally Team USA in 2006. Since then, Pastrana has raked in over 150 stage wins while nabbing a spot on the podium 40 times from behind the wheel of a WRX STI. His resume is also decorated with the fact he managed to walk away with four consecutive Rally America National Championship titles.

As of right now, there’s no indication as to exactly what Pastrana has planned for the future, though Subaru was cordial in wishing the company’s former hot shoe the best in whatever comes next. Hit the jump for the full press release.

*UPDATE: In a radio interview with Speed Freaks this week, Pastrana let slip that he was in talks with Michael Waltrip Racing to possibly drive for the team in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

Could be interesting

Figured I would add the picture of him

Edit More updates:

Pastrana is not simply a driver for the Waltrip team – the two have joined forces to create Pastrana-Waltrip Racing. Running in the NASCAR Nationwide series, Pastrana plans to compete in seven races during the 2011 season, followed by 20 more races in 2012.

I’m sure this thread will turn into a nascar bash fest. I mean how could anyone want to leave the best form of racing ever to go around in a circle :roll2:

Damn fucking right. Fuck NASCAR

3 times the money?

NASCAR is where the money’s at…

I’d rather have teeth.

I’ll take the whores and the blow

the man who is more or less responsible for putting rally on the map in the united states is leaving to drive in a circle. i just lost so much respect for pastrana.

He seems like someone who gets bored with stuff quickly. I’m sure he’ll walk into the NASCAR scene, take an insane amount of checkered flags, collect the cash and move on to something like formula 1 racing.

Maybe I’d watch a NASCAR race now :gotme:

Didn’t I see him driving a NASCAR in downtown Charlotte. I guess we could have seen this coming.

Lucky guy to have done sooo many competative racing sports. Crazy. Will be interesting to watch what he does with nascar good or bad.

beat me to it. He’s awesome at everything he’s done so far, so why not try everything else? I don’t like nascar, but if i could walk into it effortlessly like him and try it out for awhile, why the hell not right?

yep yep

I have the feeling other nascar drivers wont take kindly, and wont allow him to win… extremely easy to take someone out in that sport

It would be years before he was competitive enough to win with ease in Nascar.

So many people say how easy it is to “drive in circles” yet have no idea what it takes to be competitive and win in Nascar. Look at Franchitti, Speed, Hornish, and Montoya just to name a few. Successful open wheel drivers who have made the switch without meaningful success. Exception being Tony Stewart who made the switch and became very successful.

If it’s so easy, why aren’t more drivers making the switch and kicking butt?

I love this photo, lmao :lol:

:edit: Can we have our old smilies back, plz?

all about the hookers and blow… I don’t blame him, given his skill set he’ll likely either do REAL well, or REAL poor. Get some national recognition, more facetime w/the media, more sponsorship ect ect… whatever, it’s all about the money, getting paid is getting paid.

he won’t need to pay for hookers, so it’s basically just sluts and blow

I can’t wait to see what line he takes at Watkins Glen…