Fisher-Price - lead paint - China

I’m here, although I’m not sure what you want to hear from me. I’m human just like you and am not happy to hear news like this. These products are our licensed products that are based out of the offices in NYC. While it carries the FP name, they are the babies of Mattel being that Mattel now owns FP. True Fisher-Price products are designed in East Aurora and built in China.

It’s true that it’s a shame that this has happenend…however the only thing that could have saved this is if FP had someone hired to sit at every factory we deal with in China and keep a watchful eye on what they produce. By no means is this a practice that we condone, FP standards for safety and integrity are TWICE AS STRONG as government standards. There’s a reason why we’ve been around for 75+ years…

If you have such ill feeling towards FP for using China as a resource then you may want to look a little harder at every other product and company that you own products of. FP is not the only complany dealing with China, they just happen to be big enough to be recieving media attention.

The people here at FP and Mattel are honest people. No one here would ever knowingly compromise a product. I hope you’d consider taking back your wishes about the FP bosses committing suicide…that’s quite a tasteless comment to make.

I’d like to know how you and your family have been affected by this.