fj cruiser

fluid film is available in nys (buy it yourself from grainger or online order) and it doesnt cure solid or freeze…it is only illegal for shops to apply “wet” coatings…you can still buy anything and diy

http://www.fluid-film.com/

http://www.kellsportproducts.com/

more info in those links if anyone is interested

i’ve bought that at Emerich tractors in Glenville. It works awesome for all sorts of things.

Fluid film rules. They sponsor our jetski races

You can buy a Tundra for that money. The TRD extended cab is $38k so Id think the regular model would be less.

My friend paid $30k for a Tundra extended cab 4x4 a few years ago.

i dont need a tundra…and im looking to buy brand new so a comparable tundra would be more money…not to mention the tundra gets the worst fuel economy as a full size pick up (still using the same drivetrain they did 8-10 years ago) and seeing that the tacoma can tow 6700 lbs i don’t think i’ll ever max it out.

For what it’s worth, I bought a 2010 4runner a few months back. I came from a shit ton of VWs, a late model Xterra, old junk trucks, etc etc, and this 4runner is just about perfect for my needs. It’s capable enough, drives great, cleans up nice, looks good, and has plenty of aftermarket options for when I get bored. I almost think it rides too much like a car… but taller/stiffer springs and real tires will fix that.

After only a few months with this, if I had a real need for a pickup- I’d entertain a Tacoma in a heartbeat.

Plus- the tacoma and 4runner forums are full of good guys with info.

yea i was looking at an fj but 2 things changed my mind and made me choose to get a tacoma:

1. the fj storage space isn’t much more than my jeep which isn’t a whole lot and i don’t want to constantly have to take stuff out just to fit something else in

2. 2014 will be the last year for the fj and i want something brand new and for the money an fj would cost me i can get the tacoma.

i would’ve considered a 4runner but in the past few years the 4runner went from a great midsize suv to a rather large one and the cost of them is much higher than the tacoma, so for me a tacoma with a cap will be perfect.

$38k is for a 2014 TRD Tundra at Lia, I looked a few months ago. Most trucks are pigs on gas.

and a loaded tacoma is 35k…not to mention i dont need a tundra…i have an f-350 when i need a real truck…and i will not be buying from lia…im sort of confused as to why a ford f-150 owner is trying to sell me on the idea of a tundra?

Because for a little more money you get much more of a truck. Pricing is one of the reasons almost nobody makes baby trucks anymore. Ford, GM and Dodge no longer make baby trucks, just Toyota and Nissan make them now.

^that’s because Toyota has dominated the market

Only because Ford kept a dinosaur on life support for so long, Dakotas were expensive gas hogs and for some reason people didn’t like Colorados and Canyons

exactly, because all other makes and models suck

To me the Toyotas were always too small. Even older Tundras were more of a midsize.

if i needed more than a tacoma i would buy my dads f-350 from him for 1/3 the price of a tundra…i don’t see how much i would gain from spending the extra money on a truck i’ll never have a use for…the tacoma is more than capable of pulling a 12’ trailer in the event the f-350 is out of commission and i have to pull it…and no ford still makes the ranger they just don’t sell it in the us and canada, its still sold in other markets and even has a diesel option…they stopped selling it in north america because they thought it would take away from the sales of the new f-150…gm still makes the colorado, and who gives a shit about dodge trucks? if it werent for cummins they would have been steamrolled in the truck market years ago…and yes toyota and nissan only make them now because the rangers, dakotas, and colorados were all fucking junk and nobody wanted them anymore.

new tacomas are the same size as the older tundras

To me its about getting what you pay for. I always like getting more for my money even if I don’t need more. When it comes to trucks a few grand isn’t much for something that can tow and haul much more and has more power.

I had a few baby trucks and after having a fullsize Id never go back.

The foreign Ranger just shares a name with the domestic Ranger. I don’t think they were the same trucks for a long time, if ever.

They stopped making the Colorado a year or two ago if I remember right. Rumored to be coming back as some kind of Honda Ridgeline pussymobile type thing.

how is getting a truck that gets shit for gas mileage getting what i pay for when i am in the market for a small to midsize pick up with a 4 door cab and a short bed? that “few grand” pays for a cap, clear bra, and a few payments…so please point out the benefit i am missing out on?

I wouldn’t think a v6 gets that much better mileage than a v8. If you want a smaller engine get the 4.7 instead of the 5.7. The difference is probably less than 3 mpg from the 4.0.

The 5’ bed is useless for any kind of hauling and whats the point of a bra unless it has tits?