fj cruiser

tacoma is rated for 21mpg city…tundra is rated for 16 city…realistically its more like 17 and 12 form everything i have heard and read online…i don’t plan on hauling that’s why im getting a tacoma. and a clear bra is different than the old 80’s-90’s era car bras…i have access to an f-350 for heavy hauling if i ever need it…im putting a cap on the truck to basically have an suv with a massive cargo storage area that can function as a small truck if i ever need it to.

Tacoma will hold value wayyy better than a tundra. I love the tundra’s and will probably have one in another couple years if I don’t get a raptor but a mid size and a full size both have their purpose. 99% of people who drive a full size could drive a mid size and get away with it. only reason I see to own a full size, and why I do, is for hauling weight. my Tacoma did it but it didn’t do it well. a 3000lb car and a 2000lb trailer is still 1500 below the max tow rating but you felt it behind you at all times that’s for sure. also cut you fuel mileage in half. Of course if you want to bring towing into it then the argument should be diesel and nothing else.

5’ on the short bed and 6’ on the long bed. you cannot get a long bed with the TRD offroad fwiw. I had a 5’ bed and it still fit my snowmobile,. motorcycle, four-wheeler, 4x8 plywood, lumber etc., didn’t hold me back from doing anything I do with a fullsize truck now.

exactly, thats why im getting the tacoma, if i ever need a truck the f-350 with the 7.3 is what i’ll use, im getting a tacoma for use as more of a truck turned suv, i dont want a long bed (do want the trd offroad package) so short bed is what im getting…pjb just seems dead set on convincing me to get a tundra which i see absolutely no benefit in getting…if i ever had a need to tow something on a regular basis i would get a 3/4 ton pick up with a diesel in it…im not spending 35000 on a truck to haul scrap metal around…so the tacoma is perfect for me.

/thread

Chevy is making a 2.8L diesel colorado for 2014

I’ve read that the newer 4runners get 20+ mpg. any truth to that? They are pretty dope suvs. What year and model xterra did you have? I kind of have a hard on for those…

I’ll be interested to see how much they cost with that option. I shake my head every time I look at the sticker price on any new truck.

Titan’s getting a Cummins next year, but who knows how much it’ll add to the cost.

Titans are straight up junk

Why, what’s wrong with them? My neighbor has one with a lot of miles from traveling back and forth to Ohio to visit family and hasn’t had any problems with it.

diff, driveshaft, engine, frame, transmission, cooling system are all the big ones. seriously front to back they are garbage. Seeing as you can get a used one for around 10k with pretty low mileage I looked into them last year. As I do with any vehicle purchase I read as many reviews as I can. It is seriously hard to find anything good about these trucks.

Yup. All that.

Damn. I wondered why they are so cheap used lol

Pretty sure the transmission in my 04 Frontier just went. Going back to a Crv, I can’t handle the horrible mileage of a legit truck anymore.

My uncle has owned 2 FJ’s now & swears by them. He’s a big hunter & lives out in Montana. Where he lives, having 1 comes in very handy. I was really impressed with it when I went out there & borrowed it for the week. His current 1 has a lift, bumpers, winch & lighting upgrades. Definitely recommend an FJ.

i don’t doubt that it is an awesome vehicle but the tacoma will suit my needs better than the fj…not to mention im not looking to do a lift or anything like that because i’ll never use it off road.

whatever you get, make sure you get the e-locker.

makes all the difference

definitely…im going to get a double cab short bed with the trd offroad package…e-locker is part of that package so im all set there.