Flip up light conversion

Hey guys,

Im doing some research because i think i want to put flip up lights on my silvia. Im getting tired of the silvia front end. Im just reviewing what parts ill need to make the conversion.

Hood,Fenders,Headlights/brackets, Hood latch. Im sure im missing quite abit but thats why im asking for help. I tried using this thing called google but all i got was bad build threads and sil-80 history threads.

Im looking to trade my front end for a flip up light front end. Pretty much straight trade. Color doesnt matter but condition must be good.

Also if anyone can point me in the right direction of a proper conversion thread that would be great.

Thanks guys

It’d be easier/cheaper to just trade cars but if you’re not willing to than cant you just find an S13 to Zilvia conversion thread than work backwards?

Anyways… I’d assume you need the radiator core support as the zilvia is different shape for headlights their motors and wiring… but im not sure about this, i know thats how it is for the S14/S15 conversions. Youll need headlights, headlight motors, fuses/relays, hood, quarter panels, headlights, headlight switch/hole cut out. Im also not sure about the steering column.

im sure you wouldnt have a problem finding someone willing to trade up…

most ppl invest money to go to what you have now, strange you’d want to spend the cash in reverse

Thanks, This helps me quite abit. Im going to continue to do research go from there. There is 240 around my area forsale real cheap im sure it would be easy to pick it up and take the parts from there.

I already have the lights brackets and the left side fender from previous cars.

My question is, is it difficult to wire up the relays and such?

indeed, lockeD.

So you’re not in too big a hurry to do this right? Btw, are you still in montreal?

Edit:
damn lol you ruined my arrow >.>
I was gonna say if I can find an S15 kit you could have my parts in exchange for helping with a S14 subframe swap and the rad core support welding/fitting or installation… but it depends on when i find a decent 240, considering lack of choice in london… but its all relevant to time.

all wiring is easy imo…its more about time… but the wiring isnt that hard since you have a short easily reachable distence and removing the steering column is just removing a few screws. you just need a guide, which you can find on nico or google a .PDF of the Nissan dealership manual. I’d say its straight forward but Ive taken some college electrical coarses and my dad works for hydro. lol

indeed, lockeD.

So you’re not in too big a hurry to do this right? Btw, are you still in montreal?

Edit:
damn lol you ruined my arrow >.>
I was gonna say if I can find an S15 kit you could have my parts in exchange for helping with a S14 subframe swap and the rad core support welding/fitting or installation… but it depends on when i find a decent 240, considering lack of choice in london… but its all relevant to time.

all wiring is easy imo…its more about time… but the wiring isnt that hard since you have a short easily reachable distence and removing the steering column is just removing a few screws. you just need a guide, which you can find on nico or google a .PDF of the Nissan dealership manual. I’d say its straight forward but Ive taken some college electrical coarses and my dad works for hydro. lol

Edit: OMG a double post error… what a suprise fluke. >_>

Im not in a hurry no, I am still in montreal. Im pretty good with wiring. I just dont feel like making any mistakes.

how about we trade? i have a black pignose front end

unless you wire up the relays the pop up motors wont work

just open all the time and whatever position u want

how much for the silvia front end?

If/when you do the relays and wiring this thread should help… the only real difficulty is the rad core support being aligned and welded perfectly… the rest is just a matter of patients.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=244906

Thanks this will help out quite abit. But like peter said if i dont wire up the pop ups i dont need that relay box? Also is the rad 180sx/240sx rad support needed 100% or can i manage with the silvia one?

Thanks

I’ve been looking at some threads and kits and ive yet to find one that offers a rad core support. All the kits are simple bolt up and only the brackets differ. Again not 100% sure, they may even be similar like the S14/S15. I read on Nico about a guy with bumper gap using 240 w/ JDM S13… so you may have problems getting bumpers to fit.

What exactly do you mean? Are you going to manually pop your headlights up and always keep them up or using projectors instead? The Silvia relay box might work, but I have little knowledge of the Silvia to be honest. I’d like to see the Silvia relay diagram, sounds plausible assuming they have similar voltage switches or you can do the wiring to make it work.

Also, It would be easier to get a 240sx beside your silvia and look where most of the stuff is mounted (headlight motors, headlight brackets, wiring, relay box)

I think you might need to make a core bracket for the cover. the JDM one doesnt have a rebar.