floor jack repair

Anyone know how to try and fix these?

The floor jack i have is a 4 ton, It isnt even a year old and it won’t pull a car up. if it does, you’ll get only like 2 or 3 pumps outta it and then it’s DOA again. It’s a quick lift jack, and it Does go up everytime, but once it hits the frame, it has to power to it. I filled the fluid and it didn’t correct it. Took it back to sears and they said they don’t warrenty these anymore cause it cost them to much to do so.

It has 4 screws on it that says “Do not adjust” and have no clue as to what they do, but I’m thinking that maybe that these need to be turned in some fasion.

Anyone have a clue?

Whatever it is, you won’t get parts for it. I just went through the same thing. They won’t sell parts, 'cause you are not a qualified repair man, and could hold them liable

Try to turn those things, see what happens

X…

Sounds like the hydraulic pressure is out of it and if filling it didnt work…then I think it might be time for a new jack.

At this point i wouldnt think it would be a big deal to play with the adjusters and see if you can get it to work.

Shitty thing : it is a new jack. Used it twice and it worked fine, now its a Piece of crap. “Thought Craftsman was the shit?!?!”

I hear ya…but i know when I have blown mine out in the past its a random incident and then they are scrap

probably needs new seals.

n/m

step one buy new jack that is the same
step 2 place old jack in new jack box
step tres return old jack and new box and put a smile on!

Actually, since the Kmart/Sears merger, Craftsman went from being “the shit”, to just being “shit”. Now you’re getting Kmart quality at Craftsman prices.

+1 When they sell you something that doesn’t last past 2 uses, no reason not to.

I’m in the same boat. On mine the piston is stuck in and won’t come back out. I might do the swap a jack thing. Mine’s kinda dirty and beat up though.