Foglights

Hey All
Great board lots of usefull info, seeing that this is my first Nissan, anyway I would like to know if there is a switch for the fog lights it seems they come on as soon as the ignition is on and yes I went through the forums and didnt see anything on it. Oh its a 1990 240

Let me be more specific is there a switch to turn them on and off.

I think they’re daytime runnning lights. They always stay on.

Has anyone tryed to rig them up to a switch.

Moved to tech.

I am pretty sure that the fogs are hardwired into the cars electrical system, im sure you could wire a switch in to them but it would be easyer just to take them out and put aftermarkets in.

thatss what I did.

Hey man, welcome to the club!

Well, if you can unplug them, try that first. If everything else works fine when they are unplugged, it would be pretty easy to wire a switch to them:

With the negative battery terminal disconnected, cut and splice into the hot wire going to the foglights (you will have to look to see if they are in series first, if hey are, splice before the one that gets hot first. If not, you will have to splice into both hots) and just fish the wires though to the interior, to your new switch.

DISCLAIMER: I have an s14, not an s13, and therefore cannot give you a definite answer but I hope this helps.

ps: if you are not comfortable in your electrical knowledge, ask a friend to have a look for you.