For parts or fix 2000 Jetta GL 5spd

Runs and drives but has dragging front brakes, cels, abs light on and an exhaust leak. Exhaust leak is from broken downpipe stud. currently only has 2 bolts holding downpipe to cat section. Wouldn’t trust to drive long distances >10mi with brakes as they are.

I attempted to fix it but couldn’t figure out problems. I don’t have the time/resources to continue repairing so I’m parting.

Body is straight no large dents. Paint is scratched and needs a wax. Small amount of rust on leading edge of windshield. small bubbling paint <4" on rear quarters behind rear doors, hasn’t broken through. No rust on hood, doors, trunk. All glass is good and intact.

engine runs alil rough assuming its related to CELs. Transmission shifts smooth and clutch engages properly.

New parts <20mi
Brake calipers, rotors, pads, master cylinder 7/12
spark plugs and wires 7/12

Newer parts
Windshield ~3/12
snow tires ~3/12
Starter ~11/11
Cat pipe ~8/11
maf sensor
coolant temp sensor
timing belt

will post pics later today. pm offers, thanks

what motor? Mileage? interior? wheel and tire condition? location?

I might be interested.

A actual price would help to. I hate trying to guess what people want for things.

I offer $50

2.0L AEG 175kmi

black cloth interior: seats are manual in good condition no tears, stains, holes. carpet, pillars, and headliner dirty

15" steel wheels on brand new snow tires

Located in South Glens Falls

$1500 obo as is

this is a hardtop no sunroof car for you those who care about low weight and chassis stiffness lol

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3126837763.html

I was thinking no more than $500 to have a chance at flipping it for anything more than the trouble its worth to fix it and sit on it. and I would have to tow it…

offers $500. dats it dats allllll. nbd if you dont take it or what ever.

id offer 450, so that makes KrazyKid’s offer pretty damn generous

Theres not much of any desire for a jetta 2.0 in the performance world for it to be worth modifying and a half way decent driver that would pass inspection can be bought for ~$1500 so the krazykids offer is honestly in the ballpark.

Glws

i would buy the trans for my project but i would also need the shifter box let me know if you will sell and price.

I wouldn’t offer a dime over 500.

OP $500 is an honest cash in hand offer. Ill pick it up this week

Thank you for the interest but I’ve accepted a higher offer

accepted as in sold or recieved and thinking?

OP’S CAR WILL SURELY CATCH FIRE BUYER BEWARE